The one and only OFFICIAL vBulletin Upgrade vent thread!!!!

QC

Supreme Mariner
So here's the deal. We are all frustrated; members, owners, Admin, Mods etc. We all get it, we all want it better, and we are all (yes you too) working to improve it. Annnnnd, we all have needed to vent once and a while. So here it is, the ONE place you can continue to cry in your beer, over spilt milk, about vBulletin, and even an occasional ARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! But this is the only place. We are all tired of having to come in and settle down those of you with the shortest tempers, and we are all tired of saying to ourselves "but I understand cuz I am tweaked too." Soooooooooo:

Vent here. Rules still apply, but you may vent responsibly here. All other website, vBulletin, iboats stinks threads will be deleted (edited) etc.

Thank you, the volunteer Psychoanalysts, aka: The Mod Squad.

Last edited:

QC

Supreme Mariner
Let me be first. Stupid thing. I had to use an indent to get the bold part as a new paragraph. LOL, LMAO :D Oh, and I am personally looking for a vBulletin Management type level dude to buy a warm beer :facepalm:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Thanks QC et al :thumb:
:smash: Yeah, ok, you're right, that was fun :watermelon:

Now where was I....

Edit: ^^^ Error free post.........

Last edited:

QC

Supreme Mariner
Hey, it's working!!! No, not vBulletin, the thread. Oh never mind. Bwahahahahah :)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
A candid video showing the staff working on the system :ranger::yell::frusty::smash::help: This poor fella thought he only had to change a few settings. :croc:

Been there, done that in a former life. You just keep pluggin' away.

oldjeep

Admiral
Hmm, which smart alec remark to use.

I guess I'll go with - if the folks doing the upgrade are the same ones who wrote the search on the iboats store, then it actually works remarkably well.

tpenfield

Staff member
I have nothing to vent . . . the situation is well known by now. However, I still seem to be able to post a similar amount as was the case with the old site. so, it is all good in that regard.

I just wonder if iBoats is alone in the misery of the vBulletin upgrade, or have other forums who have upgraded met the same fate :noidea:

Other places I frequent that have vBulletin . . .

THT - I believe they are on version 3

OSO, I believe they are on version 4

So, I would assume that iBoats is running version 5 ?

midcarolina

Chief Petty Officer
Well........ the errors, fail to render page kinda stuff is mildly annoying, What really sucks IMO is the lack of auto subscribed threads I post in.....Or a icon that identifies which threads I posted in..... and when clicking the new topic button the search results do not show what sub forum the thread is in...

Other than that it's all good

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Nothing to vent. My subscription price has not increased since I became a member and the help and support is second to none from all out here. Will vent about the price of gas though !!!! :)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Nothing to vent. My subscription price has not increased since I became a member and the help and support is second to none from all out here. Will vent about the price of gas though !!!! :)

That's entirely appropriate. With no vent, you don't get gas. :smile:

jbcurt00

Staff member
I thought the whole point of venting was to prevent the buildup of gas :painkiller:

Fun Times

Staff member
I thought the whole point of venting was to prevent the buildup of gas :painkiller:
So are we talking health issues here or boat issues. :confused:
boat.gif
J/K:D

QC

Supreme Mariner
OK, back top your everyday, run-o-the-mill venting. Thank you.

midcarolina

Chief Petty Officer
You just know it's a matter of time before someone comes in and is totally apoplectic.................:lol: