A little red truck.

rolmops

Vice Admiral
I don't know if any of you good people remember the topics in which a little red truck played a big role. The poster, who posted under the name Ray was banned because he was a bit too far on the far side. Me I just wonder if anybody else remembers the little red truck and if it ever did tow a boat.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Is there a tech question here....
Little red truck.... There's LOTS of little red trucks...

Do you maybe mean lil red express?

If so, sure they could tow a boat... V8 3.55 gears 1/2 ton pickup.

Last edited:

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Smoke,you joined in 2009, these conversations were in 2004
They were from before the time that dockside chat was sanitized and left without many followers.
It seemed to me that some of the first members might still read trailers and towing so I used this forum as a possible connection

Last edited:

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Soooo you aren't looking for any tech on the truck? Just looking to rehash an old DC topic then?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
rolmops, you're being kinda vague. It's tough to talk about a Topic that was brought up 11yrs ago. Most of us guys haven't been around that long. If you could be more specific maybe someone could help.....

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Done some digging for you. The only members with the name 'Ray' who have been banned are as follows

ray11
Ray2oo8
RayDamiano
raysjak

Of these only Ray2oo8 was not banned for spamming. That said, he was only a member for about 7 days before the ban, so it's likely the ban was for spam, but not recorded as such...

Can you give us more details? And why are you looking for the thread?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Wow, all you newcomers.

Ray was a character, and he had opinions, and "red sky at night" didn't seem to like anything he had to say.
Hard to please "red sky at night" anyway, if you didn't agree with him and praise his academia attitude.
It was easy for me to tell when his meds needed adjusting, or he had too many rusty nails. But I digress.

If I remember correctly, Ray was booted out, then re-registered as littleredtruck.
They banned again.
I never did know why, I thought he was entertaining, and interesting.
Yes, there was a little red truck, older chebie s-10 with a 2.8-6 maybe, if my memory serves me.
And Ray had many health issues, many of which contributed to his weight (350+) issue , and vice versa.
Bad back, diabetes, high bp, etc.

I believe he was a fisherman, jon boat style, crappies and such. But believe he was boat less during his tenure here, dealing with his severe health issues and the financial strains it was causing.
I remember he had a girlfriend/wife that was trying to get him healthier.

How am I doing rolmops?

And I believe all his posts were erased.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
He was banished, deleted, erased, along with all his posts.

X-files.

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Wow, all you newcomers.

Ray was a character, and he had opinions, and "red sky at night" didn't seem to like anything he had to say.
Hard to please "red sky at night" anyway, if you didn't agree with him and praise his academia attitude.
It was easy for me to tell when his meds needed adjusting, or he had too many rusty nails. But I digress.

If I remember correctly, Ray was booted out, then re-registered as littleredtruck.
They banned again.
I never did know why, I thought he was entertaining, and interesting.
Yes, there was a little red truck, older chebie s-10 with a 2.8-6 maybe, if my memory serves me.
And Ray had many health issues, many of which contributed to his weight (350+) issue , and vice versa.
Bad back, diabetes, high bp, etc.

I believe he was a fisherman, jon boat style, crappies and such. But believe he was boat less during his tenure here, dealing with his severe health issues and the financial strains it was causing.
I remember he had a girlfriend/wife that was trying to get him healthier.

How am I doing rolmops?

And I believe all his posts were erased.

You are doing very good. That 's the one. If I am not mistaken he was banned because he changed his name from Ray to S. G. formerly known as Ray.
He was quite the word smith and JB did not like his antics. His topics and comments very often were off the wall and from the far side,but they were great fun.

Last edited:

ehenry

Commander
I remember Ray.....not well...remember him being admonished and banned.

rogerwa

Commander
I think ray helped to found many of the rules this forum is governed by today. He certainly was entertained the way he would get banned then show up again with another name and by the content you knew it was him..

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I think ray helped to found many of the rules this forum is governed by today. He certainly was entertained the way he would get banned then show up again with another name and by the content you knew it was him..

Maybe we should say, "Thanks Ray"...........

achris

I'm still wondering the point of this thread... Is it just a 'does anyone remember...' thread, or is there something the OP is looking for?

Chris........

WIMUSKY

Staff member
It's a "remember when" thread as far as I can tell, that's why it's sitting in DC.......

rolmops

Vice Admiral
I'm still wondering the point of this thread... Is it just a 'does anyone remember...' thread, or is there something the OP is looking for?

Chris........

Hello Chris.
I'm only reminiscing and wondering if anybody else remembers. There are others I wonder about too. The Australian greenhouse herb grower for instance,where is he at? Or the Vancouver guy who was forever using this website to spout his financial theories and his love for towers of power. So in a nut shell, I'm just trying to dig up and share memories.

achris

Hello Chris.
I'm only reminiscing and wondering if anybody else remembers. There are others I wonder about too. The Australian greenhouse herb grower for instance,where is he at? Or the Vancouver guy who was forever using this website to spout his financial theories and his love for towers of power. So in a nut shell, I'm just trying to dig up and share memories.

Getting old are we RM? :lol:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
I don't know if any of you good people remember the topics in which a little red truck played a big role. The poster, who posted under the name Ray was banned because he was a bit too far on the far side. Me I just wonder if anybody else remembers the little red truck and if it ever did tow a boat.

Man, that is diggin' deep? I didn't know you were still around RM. I miss the sparring days! :D