College Football 2016

aspeck

Staff member
He is a kicker that likes to hit people... at 270 lbs he beats half of the team down the field after he kicks the ball. He has a couple of impressive hits on kick off returns and most of his kicks are through the end zone. Players don't like a kicker that can also dish out punishment, so they go after him to make a point. This week a guy launches himself at Julius, and hits him around the shoulder/neck area from the side ... AFTER the ball is out of the end zone as he is slowing and the whistles have blown. He rolls with the hit, flops down on his stomach, face first, and lays there. When the flag is thrown, he smiles, jumps up and runs off clapping. It was a foul and should have been called. Joey just embellished it a little. He did the same 2 weeks ago.

sam60

Captain
But, with all due respect Mr. Speck, isn't he just doing his job? I was able to see the hit this AM on CF Final....That is one large kicker!

aspeck

Staff member
Exactly! He is doing MORE than most kickers would consider their job ... he kicks and turns into a defender. And he is large ... officially 260, but actually more like 274. He also was awol from the team from May through July/August. He just came forward and thanked the coaches for sticking by him while he dealt with depression and and eating disorder. He was offered a soccer scholarship at another university, but chose to come to Penn State to kick. He is very much loved around the university.

bassman284

Commander
I wouldn't want to get hit like that. Flop would be real and possibly permanent...Kicker must have P'ed him off..?? !!
Flop or not, both players richly deserved ejection IMO. Extreme cheap shots after the play is over.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
He went to the sideline, had a couple cheeseburgers and was good to go.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Duke is at Louisville on ESPN. In the 4th quarter 14-17.

GA_Boater

The new Gold Rush season is starting on Discovery. Not Football, but full of intrigue! :eek:

GA_Boater

Duke just wiped out any chance of upsetting. Roughing the Kicker, Giving Louisville a 1st down and now a TD. 10 point game 24-14 with 1:32 left,

WIMUSKY

Staff member
So much for that game.... Gold Rush, never watched it. Just had a video chat with my daughter........ :)

WIMUSKY

Staff member
UM vs UM.. Go UM! Gophs I mean.....

Gophs 17
Twerps, I mean Terps Zip

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Miami and VT both fall.

Halftime - The Badgers running game is giving the Buckeyes fits.

GA_Boater

Not even a weak or mumbled Go Sparty? LOL They go against the Twerps/Terps next week.

sam60

Captain
Nebraska shouldn't be ranked in the top 25. We may see why in the next two weeks...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
MSU is having a tough time with the Twerps. Last I saw it was 14-14. PSU is hanging with OSU with a late td at the half. 13 - 7 OSU. Art must a little vocal..... :)

WIMUSKY

Staff member
PSU 24 OSU 21 PSU just blocked a punt for a td... Art's going bonkers.....:)