Gator trailor boat winch

chefjohn

Recruit
Hi, I have a gator trailor great condition from 50,s -60,s ? My wheel covers are square in front with gold color covering and the finder is flaired like old day things, question is my wench says gator c-200 has 3 sets of two gears and on small gear. the handle can be placed on three different shafts of gears. any info how to use. Thanks Chef John

64osby

Admiral
Re: Gator trailor boat winch

I had an old Gator trailer with two shafts. Moving the handle to a different shaft allows for different speeds or ratios when reeling in. Higher speed less torque, lower speed more torque. I never moved my handle on mine, just used it as it was.

chefjohn

Recruit
Re: Gator trailor boat winch

I had an old Gator trailer with two shafts. Moving the handle to a different shaft allows for different speeds or ratios when reeling in. Higher speed less torque, lower speed more torque. I never moved my handle on mine, just used it as it was.

thank You, When i price wenches the mores gears the price really jumps, Mine with 3 different handle shafts and 7 total gears I would not even guess what one like it would cost. thanks for info right now I have a 14 foot v bottom on it for duck hunting. I have been in some situations where that kind of torque is worth its wait in gold.