Funny/Unsafe boat towing picture thread

thumpar

Admiral
I am with you guys. I would rather go overboard with the tow rig. My 20' boat comes in at about 4500 loaded with trailer. I would not want to tow much more than that with my Yukon even though it is rated for over 8K.

indy440

Chief Petty Officer
WOW boat road rash is very obvious. Was this your boat? If so tell us how it all happened? :eek:

People are going to yell at me again but that van looks way to small to tow that boat.

That is not my boat, nor would i be stupid enough to try and tow it with that van. It was wayyyy over the van's tow rating. I do not know if the driver was ticketed.

About 500 yards before the wreck there is a small bridge with a pretty good hump in it. I assume he hit the hump and the trailer started to sway and wasnt able to get it under control.

Luckily no one was hurt.

I actually saw that boat listed for sale on craigslist a few weeks before the accident. I assumed that was the new owner just bringing it home for the first time.

Last edited:

R055

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

Only like 2x more than its towing capacity😁

Attachments

• photo255111.jpeg
    photo255111.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 0
  • photo255112.png
    photo255112.png
    360 KB · Views: 0

frantically relaxing

Senior Chief Petty Officer
fiberform.jpg

fiberform2.jpg

Guy and his wife fighting after ingesting a case of beer is how this boat got loaded up this way. Jackass started driving thru the harbor like an idiot, right in front of a a couple of cops. They got less than 1/4 mile away before the cops boxed them in and hauled them to jail.
I took these pics as some forest service guys were getting ready to float it back onto the trailer right...

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Seen lots of boats hauled out of the water that way. Backing in way too deep then driving out. That's an old EZLoader, one of the easiest trailers to load in shallow or deep water.
Both the boat and trailer were manufactured in the Spokane Washington area

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I see those things and really have a hard time believing that there are such stupid people in the world. And for the record, I honestly don't care if they have any problems with their stupidity, but once it jeopardizes others or even myself or my family, then I do have an issue. JMHO

thumpar

Admiral
I see those things and really have a hard time believing that there are such stupid people in the world. And for the record, I honestly don't care if they have any problems with their stupidity, but once it jeopardizes others or even myself or my family, then I do have an issue. JMHO
Looks like the Snake or part of CDA. CDA is my normal lake. There is lots of drinking going on at the bars especially Carlin.

gtochris

Senior Chief Petty Officer
When I tow outside our neighborhood, along with my transom straps, I take a 1/2" line and wrap it multiple times from the bow eye tightly to the trailer frame below to prevent the boat from sliding forward and up if the winch stand/ bow stop was compromised or we were hit from behind. Yes- I've had the boat skid up an inch or two on the bunk trailer before after a hard stop so anything is possible.

Want to talk about overloaded? Some company in Canada professes that ANYTHING can be made to tow with the proper hitch, google airstream towed by car.

I don't feel so bad pulling with my 4Runner at the limits anymore.

40-6_ford_taurus_sho_eco_boost_00-760x390.jpg

14226024774_9090b7baf9_z-540x360.jpg

Last edited:

Blueesx

Cadet

Seen this a few weeks ago when we went to the lake to check on our boat and seen this at the local boat ramp near or storage place

This time of year is mostly people fishin nice days

This ramp is a steep smooth concrete which I use 4wd in my f150 to pull our regal out

naturelover

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Haha, I looked at that and was thinking, "how is that truck loaed on that boat trailer!?!?!?"