• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's thickness of your inflatable boat's material?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's thickness of your inflatable boat's material?

G'day, guys, I'm so glad to meet you in this forum. I think I will have a very good time here and learn many things with your guys helps.

I once had a inflatable boat which the thickness of it's material is 0.9mm, I think it's not durable enough, recently, I found a boat which used 1.2mm material, but it's a little more expensive than the boat used 0.9mm. Should I change my boat to this one? What's thickness of your inflatable boat's material, guys? Do you think it's druable enough?

The sales man also told me each of their boats have three chambers, which means if one chamber has air leakage, other two will keep my safety. But I think only one chamber also can work well, what do you think about this?

whatever, the most important thing is the material, please give me some advices about it. Thanks advance.

By the way, I use my boat both for fresh water and sea.

Re: What's thickness of your inflatable boat's material?

Anyone wants to introduce your boat to me?

Comment

Let me move this over to the Inflatable forum for you. That might help.
      Don S.

sigpic

Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
      That is what the forums are for.
      Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Originally posted by Don S View Post
        Let me move this over to the Inflatable forum for you. That might help.
        Don S, thanks a lot!

Comment

Welcome to the forums,

PVC 1.2 mm fabric is much better than standard now a days 0.9 mm ones, it's worth the small price difference. Tubes rigidty is outstanding once top inflated, holds more sun punishment and general abrassion. My 450 rib is still packed, will post pics once it's being rigged at the marina.

Happy Boating
          Sea Rider 430 Rib Tohatsu 18/30 HP Proud Smokers

Comment

1.2 mm for Pack Rat. Completed it's second season In Lake Superior with no signs of wear.

My travels on land and water: http://buckmountainchateau.com/bearstew

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Rider View Post
              Welcome to the forums,

PVC 1.2 mm fabric is much better than standard now a days 0.9 mm ones, it's worth the small price difference. Tubes rigidty is outstanding once top inflated, holds more sun punishment and general abrassion. My 450 rib is still packed, will post pics once it's being rigged at the marina.

Happy Boating
              Ok thanks a lot mate, I will buy the boat used 1.2mm PVC, and I will show you the photos after I get it in days later.

Comment

Originally posted by Pack Rat View Post
                1.2 mm for Pack Rat. Completed it's second season In Lake Superior with no signs of wear.

Your boat is great! Could you tell me which brand it is? Thanks advance.

Comment

Working...
                X