Bennett Trim Tabs

r.j.dawg

Ensign
I have this particular switch to control our trim tabs.
16901-2T.jpg

I would like to upgrade it to the new Euro switch.
31YwP%2BqcKdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Is it just a matter of disconnecting the wires from the old switch and reconnecting them to the new one? I have emailed Bennett but haven't received an answer.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Re: Bennett Trim Tabs

i personally like the smaller switches. however to each their own. I am surprised you did not get a response, usually Bennett responds within 24 hours to emails. you may want to check your spam filter, the response may be there.

Tabman

iboats.com Partner

I am surprised too that you have not heard back from us. When did you send your e-mail?

The Eurostyle Rocker Switch will easily replace your old 4 button unit. As dingbat pointed out the hole will need to be enlarged a bit. The old switch uses spade type connectors that will need to be cut off the harness and replaced with the ring terminals that come with the new switch.

r.j.dawg

Ensign

I am surprised too that you have not heard back from us. When did you send your e-mail?

The Eurostyle Rocker Switch will easily replace your old 4 button unit. As dingbat pointed out the hole will need to be enlarged a bit. The old switch uses spade type connectors that will need to be cut off the harness and replaced with the ring terminals that come with the new switch.

Thanks for the reply Tabman. I sent the email on Monday morning throught the "contact us" portal on your web site. Thanks for the info though, it's exactly what I was looking for. :)

JustPhish

Cadet

I have this particular switch to control our trim tabs.
16901-2T.jpg

I would like to upgrade it to the new Euro switch.
31YwP%2BqcKdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Is it just a matter of disconnecting the wires from the old switch and reconnecting them to the new one? I have emailed Bennett but haven't received an answer.

Let me know how you make out please. I have the same buttons and they are a PITA to press especially both at the same time. I'd love to upgrade as well.

r.j.dawg

Ensign

Let me know how you make out please. I have the same buttons and they are a PITA to press especially both at the same time. I'd love to upgrade as well.
Will do JustPhish. It's on order so probably won't be in until next week. Next weekend is the Canada Day long weekend and the current forecast is rain on Sunday. We're in a covered slip so a perfect day to catch up on some maintenance.

r.j.dawg

Ensign

Finally got around to installing the new switch. It was pretty straight forward as everyone said. The instructions were very detailed and the terminals on the back of the switch are well marked. The old four button switch is mounted from the back so access to the rear of the dash panel is required in order to get the old switch off. I test fitted the new switch and the original opening had to be enlarged a wee bit. I just cut off the four bits indicated by the red dashes in the photo of the opening. Just enough to square up the opening.

Untitled.jpg

I cut off the spade connectors from the four wires that control the tab funtions and crimped on the supplied ring connectors, attached them to the new switch, connected the orange power wire and fit the switch into the opening. All that was needed was to drill four small holes for the mounting screws and then snap the bezel on. Works great.