• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ranger bass boat with a 5.7 L. I/O ???

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ranger bass boat with a 5.7 L. I/O ???

The I/O bass boats aren't that desireable. They tried to make it in the market, but people just didn't buy into them. First and foremost is the issue with cold weather operation of an I/O versus an O/B. If a serious fisherman wants to go out and fish in December, the I/O winterization is a real killjoy. Most bass boats also don't weigh enough to warrant the power advantages of the I/O setup. Lastly, the shallow draft of the bass boat means the I/O sits up high and you lack the ability to get the outdrive out of the water when running in the shallow stuff. It also intrudes on the deck space when the engine is in the boat. Lots of reasons they didn't take off in the bass boat market, but I sure didn't know they ever made a Ranger with a Bravo outdrive.
    1976 Mark Twain 200VBR w/Mercruiser 233 (Ford 351w) "Heart & Soul"

Comment

I wish everyone would put their location on the posts.

I am looking for a "donor" boat. Where is this one? I have a customer with a 22 ft. bayliner with a VP AQ130. He got the boat for cheap and has spent a lot to revive the interior and a new bimini top. Now he wants some power to pull his kids and grandkids around the lake.

We are looking for a V-6 to V-8 complete set up.

This is near Fresno CA.
      If this is in CA or close please PM me.
      When will people learn that impellers require regular
      replacement and are not drive it till it pukes items?

1984 Regal Medallion 195
      3.8 V-6 with the dreaded
      OMC Stringer Drive.
      2003 Avalanche w/Hypertech

If it ain't fixable - don't break it!

Comment

Originally posted by cr2k View Post
        I wish everyone would put their location on the posts.

I am looking for a "donor" boat. Where is this one? I have a customer with a 22 ft. bayliner with a VP AQ130. He got the boat for cheap and has spent a lot to revive the interior and a new bimini top. Now he wants some power to pull his kids and grandkids around the lake.

We are looking for a V-6 to V-8 complete set up.

This is near Fresno CA.
        If this is in CA or close please PM me.
        I'm with you. I wish everyone put their location on their posts, but this one has it, Worth County Missouri.
        Ray

Never take instruction from a guy with missing fingers.

Comment

Working...
        X