Glastron Boats and quality?

lucky7

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Glastron Boats and quality?

good price, decent quality, hull rides better than expected for the size. not the most luxurious but fiberglass throughout, i have put 120 hours on mine with no more issues than a lose screw or two.

haulnazz15

Captain

Actually on the internet, when opining, a spelling error in an area where you claim to be in the know means a lot. Especially in this context. In person, I would likely have a different take since you seem to be up to speed on many brands. Welcome to the internet slim.

Wow, you don't have a pot to **** in, bud. Spelling errors on the internet have absolutley nothing to do with the validity of the comment or post. Sure, a ton of spelling errors in a post or string of posts tends to make the poster seem unintelligible, but a one-word spelling error does not. As I mentioned, you obviously have no real-world input on any of the boats in question and are the ONLY person in disagreement with my opinion. You sir, have failed at the internet. Give the keyboard/mouse back to your teenage kid who likely knows more about the internet and it's "rules" than you do.

Bronc Rider

Petty Officer 1st Class

Some of the old Glastrons were luxury boats. For the most part now I would consider them entry level crafts. Above Bayliner but below Chapparal. New ones are made very well imo. The smaller models lack all the ss hardware you see on nicer boats like Chapps. They are not anywhere near a Cobalt. If you build one on their website they come in cheaper than many other boats in that same class. I don?t think they are bad boats by any stretch, I would have no problems taking one off a showroom floor. Even though their name is no longer part of the luxury brands, it?s still a good boat. They make them better now than they used to.

jkust

Rear Admiral

Wow, you don't have a pot to **** in, bud. Spelling errors on the internet have absolutley nothing to do with the validity of the comment or post. Sure, a ton of spelling errors in a post or string of posts tends to make the poster seem unintelligible, but a one-word spelling error does not. As I mentioned, you obviously have no real-world input on any of the boats in question and are the ONLY person in disagreement with my opinion. You sir, have failed at the internet. Give the keyboard/mouse back to your teenage kid who likely knows more about the internet and it's "rules" than you do.

Just because you type it doesn't make it true no matter how much you want to believe it. Enough with the bantering, I don't care anymore..back to the topic. Glastrons are nice boats

rjlipscomb

Chief Petty Officer

For what its worth... I love my Glastron. Best looks at the boat show (when I was looking). Runs great, smooth and easy on the wallet. No complaints, except not enough time on the water with me in it! :(

Friscoboater

Captain

My family has had Glatrons since the 70s and I just love them.

Pierutrus

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Here's mine sleeping......under the variable magnetic field!:eek:

IMAG0038.jpg

krakatoa

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Well guys Im sorry that all of you have to winterize your boats from now until....
Meanwhile I will keep my lovely Glastron "Make It Happen"
every Sunday in the water all year long, here is mine...;) Hope you like it!:rolleyes:
iboat.jpg

iboat2.jpg

allpoints360

Petty Officer 1st Class

Glastrons are like the Chevrolets of the runabout motorboat market. Some were better than others, but on the whole they are all pretty good.

(Chevy trucks are the best!) Ha!

rpstrickland

Cadet

having had my share of boating experince I have had a Baja 1979 and a 1986 Sea Arrow and hands down my 2003 Glastron GX185 is far better.

I could just go on and on about the boat. The GX is a higher line Glastron. so it has more bells and whistles than lower end boats. My Dad has a Regal and I prefer my Glastron.

There are more expensive boats but think of a Glaston like a classic corvette.... there may be more expensive cars/boats but that big smile that gets put on your face by the vette/Glastron is just as sweet as the smile a Porche/Crownline owner gets. It just costs a who lot less. Yes Glastron is a Great boat

Swishguy

Seaman Apprentice

I made the biggest mistake of my life 3 summers ago. I traded in my 04 glastron mx 185 18' with a 4.3 efi. I bought an Azure 188 elite. This boat was a nightmare for a supposedly very high end boat. Every time i drove it i had more gel cracks; it had a severe list to port even after trim tabs & tweaking plus when you decellerated a wall of water came in the back of the boat with no passengers. It got sent back to Azure for a hull replacement & I since traded it off.
The glastron was smooth; powerfull & zero issues. I loved the vec hull & after owning about 10 boats in 25 years it was one of my personnal favourites.

Schultzz

Cadet

Have had great times and good performance from my 1996 21.5 bowrider
40th Anniversary Glastron. 5.7 Gi. Fast, reliable, not a Cobalt but well designed and handles well. Very satisfied.

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer

We've had several older ones and I've had no complaints that I would'nt have had with any other.

The early Carlsons are some of the best looking boats on the water even today.

The CVX-23 was a little rough riding in 4' or more waves

The HPV-160 would jump anything and it didn't mind getting it's face dunked. Topped at 64mph on GPS with a light chop and running a 'Rude 115.

The blue one is the only pic of one that was mine, the others belonged to other CGOA members.

Attachments

• CGOA boat in 003.jpg
    CGOA boat in 003.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 0
  • CGOA boat in 008.jpg
    CGOA boat in 008.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 082009_1820[00].jpg
    082009_1820[00].jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 0