iPhone

tommays

Admiral
Re: iPhone

its nice but touchscreens dammage So easy i hope it comes with a pack of screen protectors

Tommays

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

$500 a copy not including service. I'll pass (for now). Punks were killing for lousy sneakers. Seems like asking for trouble.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Willy, you worried about gettin' punked for your gold chains and tight ride? :devil: :%

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I'm a boat mechanic. My gold chains are braided twine and my tight ride is an 87 Toyota rustbucket. ;)

Imagine having that sucker drop out of your pocket and watching it sink to the bottom of the lake. :%

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Cisco Systems Inc. says it is suing Apple Inc. in federal court over the use of Cisco's registered iPhone trademark.:^ :^ :^

ZmOz

Captain

I'm betting the touchscreen will cause alot of cussing. For less than five hundred smackers I can buy a nice ipod AND a nice cell phone...I don't see the point in paying more for even less toys.

gonefishie

Commander

It's not just an ipod and phone, there a video camera/ regular camera, web browser, keyboard so you can type quickly instead of pressing the number 2 three times to get the letter c for example. With the wide screen, you have better viewing of video, picture, web page. Just imagine, you can get map/direction to a lake that you have never been to before, you can get weather report(built in feature) while you wait in line at the ramp so you can decide how you're going to fish that day. You can listen to music if the fishing action isn't so hot. While idling through an idle zone you can look for the nearest/nicest/cheapest hotel/motel near that lake and book a room. And if you're in the stock market, you can check the market report (built in feature) and call/email your broker to do some trade or you can do your trading on-line. If I have one, I wouldn't be wearing it on my belt so other can see it and rob me. It will not be in my pocket while standing in the boat, it will be in the glove box. I checked with cingular and it's not yet available. If the 500 price tag is correct then I'll probably never have one until price comes way down.:'(

ZmOz

Captain

gonefishie said:
Just imagine, you can get map/direction to a lake that you have never been to before, you can get weather report(built in feature) while you wait in line at the ramp so you can decide how you're going to fish that day. You can listen to music if the fishing action isn't so hot. While idling through an idle zone you can look for the nearest/nicest/cheapest hotel/motel near that lake and book a room. And if you're in the stock market, you can check the market report (built in feature) and call/email your broker to do some trade or you can do your trading on-line.

I can already do that on any one of four devices I have...three of which have a larger screen, and all of them cost less than 500 bucks. ;)

waterinthefuel

Commander

SBN said:
Cisco Systems Inc. says it is suing Apple Inc. in federal court over the use of Cisco's registered iPhone trademark.:^ :^ :^

You're right SBN. I certainly won't go near one of those things until this all gets worked out. What a mess!!

Gotta make sure the name isn't trademarked before you market a new product!