Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Well I'll be there in a couple weeks might have to find out

Oldrem, maybe English is his second language. I had a guy in my crew born in Canada that constantly made fun of some of our wonderful immigrants that didn't speak or write like they were born and educated here. I asked him where his ancestors were from and I wanted him to speak and operate in that language for the rest of the shift. Be kind.

Joniantrey

Recruit
If my wife wouldn't kill me, I'd actually grab this one - but she says two project boats are too many already. https://racine.craigslist.org/boa/d/...386028126.html

[FONT=q_serif]I don't see why you can't. I have a hollow log floating in my biggest tank, most of my fish love it. My algelfish were afraid of it at first, but now they swim through it and play around in it all the time and also i see something like that [/FONT]https://www.findafishingboat.com/ right there for 3000? so it is not the worst deal.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
There are projects. And then there are PROJECTS.

Good lord, that thing is not salvageable as a boat, maybe a termite condo :lol:

01616_hPIBWalPgP1_600x450.jpg

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
I agree it would be very hard to save, but if you want re claimed wood, there ya go. I'd take just for the wood. If it was free.

Ned L

Commander
One member here could get them back into shape. How about it Ned L ?

Lol,........... There is a bit of work needed there. Some people here might be quite surprised at the value there is in those boats,.. as boats. They are quite desirable, and there are guys who make their living restoring boats in the condition of these. The original engines make them even more desirable.

roffey

Commander
Lol,........... There is a bit of work needed there. Some people here might be quite surprised at the value there is in those boats,.. as boats. They are quite desirable, and there are guys who make their living restoring boats in the condition of these. The original engines make them even more desirable.

We had or have a shipwright in our area, Ottawa, who would take a boat like that and use the wood frames and planks as a template. They would restore to new condition. Amazing work to watch and the detail unbelievable.

oldrem

Commander
I had to post this. I've seen this listing on Carigslist for some time now and wanted to share...My apologies to the Mods if posting a link is against the rules.

https://nwct.craigslist.org/boa/d/1974-criscraft-cabin-cruiser/6349753830.html

This person must be on some sort of medication to be asking money for this..

#1 Still trying to figure out photo #9
#2 That's what he considers "good" condition?
#3 Trailer worth $5k???

Looks like a tree came down on it from the one photo

Benny67

Chief Petty Officer
The listing is old but he keeps updating it. He started off at $5500 for it.

To fill you in a bit, that town in CT is a bit strange. It has a mix of real rich people and some that are,not so rich both financially and culturally