1984 Suzuki DT60 Wiring

cptnwarlock

Recruit
I was wondering if there is a web site that has the wiring diagram for a 1984 Suzuki DT60? Thanks, Victor.

JUSTINTIME

Captain
Re: 1984 Suzuki DT60 Wiring

I was wondering if there is a web site that has the wiring diagram for a 1984 Suzuki DT60? Thanks, Victor.

WIRINGCOLORS.jpg

Alfred Bonnabel

Recruit

Thank you Capt. Justintime. I was looking for a wiring diagram to help wire my Jet star with a Suzuki DT60 engine. It really helped but now I have another problem. Instead of "won't start" it is "Won't stop". I don't know what I got wrong, but when I turn the key off, it will not shut off.

I bought this Jet Star in pieces, some one had replaces the engine and pump andput in a DT 60. They could get it to fire by pouring gas into the carbs. Well, I disassembled and cleaned the carbs and it cranked right up. In the mean time, using your wire color codes sheet as a guide, I wired in the ignition switch. The electric choke works, it cranks over fine and fires right up. When you turn off the key, it just keeps running. In the harness going to the switch there are two orange wires with connectors on the ends that are not connected to anything. There is also a purple ( or dark blue) with an eye on the end that I cannot figure out where it goes. The switch comes out of an instrument panel and had a black wire running to the backs of the auxiliary switches (blower, lights, etc) The black wire T'd and the other side came back towards the engine in the harness, but I cannot find where it is supposed to go. I think it should ground back to the block, but that does not seem to kill the motor.

Sure appreciate the help.

JUSTINTIME

Captain

buy an aftermarket manual for the wires
that is a basic one
sounds like stop wire is not right on key switch