How do I set my float on my carbs?

marzoid

Seaman Apprentice
Hey...

trying to figure out how to adjust my floats on my carbs.....I believe this may be why my boat will run in throttle only

.690 / .665 is what it says in the instructions not sure how to use this.
I read its 11/16" or 17.46mm on this post

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=480443
exactly the same carbs as mine
these are pics of my carb
can someone point me in the right direction
IMG-20120407-00149.jpg

IMG-20120407-00151.jpg

IMG-20120407-00152.jpg

oldman570

Lieutenant Commander
Re: How do I set my float on my carbs?

With the carb turned upside down the bottom of the floats should measure 11/16" from the bowl p;ate to the bottom of the floats as the diagram shows. If it runs at and idle and not when you open it up then the high speed jets are not clean or the fuel pump is the trouble. Pump the primer bulb as you give it gas and see if it will run at a faster speed. If it runs by pumping the bulb the fuel pump is causing the problem. Be sure to check the float needle and seat for ware and stickyness.
Oldman570

marzoid

Seaman Apprentice

Great thank you.....it took a bit but starrt?d in idle. So happy.....but i did not see Water flowing out th? side. Turned it off immediatly. Would putting on th? impeller on th? Water pump th? wrong Way do this? Is Th?r? a top and a bottom im asking....or is it all th? same?

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Those style floats are having trouble with the ethanol in fuel as they get heavy and causing flooding, I always install the newer plastic floats and throw the foam ones away.