1991, 115 Mercury fuel problem

wazza

Cadet
Had my 115 recently serviced, appeared to be starving for fuel, would idle ok at low rev's but not high. Service involved new filter, new fuel lines, clean carby's, new impellar, general service. $860 later boat still not running right. Returned again for 2nd service, this time rebuilt fuel pump, clean lines again. Now that boat back in water it will go at 2200 rev's no problem, but push it up to 3000 rev's its starving for fuel again. Any suggestions on what this could be. Thanks

CharlieB

Vice Admiral
Re: 1991, 115 Mercury fuel problem

For testing only, install a clear hose in place of a fuel hose to the carb(s). Start and run the motor, watch for any air bubbles passing thru the hose indicating air sucking into the system at some point before the fuel pump.

wazza

Cadet

Thanks for reply CharlieB, Failing that test I will buy a new plastic petrol tank. Any idea what a fuel pump costs on your side of the world.?

1nebel0

Chief Petty Officer

$20 and the new one is setup for Ethanol with plastic diaphrams...

wazza

Cadet

$20 and the new one is setup for Ethanol with plastic diaphrams...

thanks for info on the fuel pump havent got back to boat as yet .but will do some checking shortly before i take it back to the guy who done the service. cheers warren