2002 johnson cooling water exits?

perchance

Recruit
Is it normal for the cooling water to exit the engine at the lower part of the swivel bracket at the front? Lots of water coming from the pee hose and no sign of over heating. There was an earlier post with pictures but no definitive answer.
I don't want to drop the lower unless I absolutely have to.
Model# j10tel4st.

b4odmnpl

Cadet
Re: 2002 johnson cooling water exits?

I have a 2000 model 90 HP Johnson and water exits the bracket as you explained. Not sure if that is ok or not. enginer runs fine.

landloc

Recruit
Re: 2002 johnson cooling water exits?

Is it normal for the cooling water to exit the engine at the lower part of the swivel bracket at the front? Lots of water coming from the pee hose and no sign of over heating. There was an earlier post with pictures but no definitive answer.
I don't want to drop the lower unless I absolutely have to.
Model# j10tel4st.

Hello perchance. I had the same question re my '86 Johnson V4 90 HP. It does the same. I found your post while looking for an answer. I am by no means an expert, so anyone with more experience is welcome to chime in. I was looking at the exploded view for my motor courtesy of *****************. When my motor is running in the test tub, water seems to be coming out from under part #12 (MOUNT BRACKET), as well as from the groups of six holes on each side above the cavitation plate, and the tell tale. Part #68 (EXHAUST HOUSING INNER LOWER) would appear to be above that part, and built in to that part is a hole for part #27 (WATER TUBE), which runs in front of and parallel to the exhaust housing. That seems to be an intended route for water. I can't quite figure out from the diagram exactly where that lower end of that water tube exits, but it would seem to be in the vicinity of the mount bracket.

Attachments

• midsection exploded view.jpg
    midsection exploded view.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 0