Evinrude 30hp impellor??

reel aggies

Recruit
I just received a boat from my dad that had this little motor on it. It is probably an early '80's model?? It fires up, but should there be a tattle-tail stream of water coming out of the back like bigger outboards? I put muffs on it and started it, but no water stream out of there or the prop. Shut off quickly. It has not been run in 5+ years, so I assume the impellor is prob shot. Any words of advice? Does anyone have a rebuild manual I can buy from them?

Attachments

• evin.jpg
    evin.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 0
  • evin2.jpg
    evin2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 0

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Evinrude 30hp impellor??

WELCOME to the forums.
you need the model # off the port side of the transom bracket. outboardbooks.com, owns the right to the OEM service manuals, you can order from them, or contact SEARAYMAN13, on ebay, he usually has good deals on manuals. say you are an iboats member.

read this http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=299680 especially sitting 2 years, carb cleaning, ethanol. great stuff there.

blimp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Evinrude 30hp impellor??

that is an '85 motor, very nice. Through hub exhaust and equivalent to 84 and previous 35hp. Get yourself a manual and replace the impeller along with a general tune up, it will treat you well for years. Will push that boat near 30mph as well. Have fun and good luck.