1992 Stratos 2250 here we go again

Arawak

Chief Petty Officer
Good progress!

I passed through Cleveland on Friday, on my way back from camping in Pennsylvania. If I hadn't had the family and 3500lbs of trailer I would have stopped by to see her first hand.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
I wish you could have would of been nice to meet you. Well if your ever around again you are more than welcome.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Got my tank back from the welder had 1 1/2" taken off each side
Neoprene 5200 on

'

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
So this is where poor planning begins I let 11/2" extra in length not realizing tank had to go in on a angle Had to lift the opposite end as high as I could to reduce the angle then a lot of prying and pushing It is in woohoo

So this is where the poor planning and rushing really comes into play. In the 2 previous pictures it may be hard to see but I added wolminized 2x6 to act as spacers for the tank mounts. I 5200 and screwed them to the wood I pbed to the stringers as to not have to mount tank directly to stringers. Accept I didn't attach them high enough. So tank has got to come out.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Kinda like ME having to take my Lower Unit back Off!!! I had a Plan too!! Not a GOOD ONE but it WAS A PLAN!!!! We must be Related!!!!:D

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
So I had to cut out some of my bulkhead to remove tank. But now It is in correctly I raised the wol 2x6 all the way up Then I used about eight of these on each one Then 1/2" x 3'" stainless lags to hold in tank Stainless washer to keep aluminum off wolminized

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Your looking pretty spiffy to me Minch. A little more wood and glass to compensate for what got chooped out and you'll be finer than fine. Are you going to foam in the tank at all? And was the tank Prepped with all the different coatings everyone talks about? Just wondering.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
I didn't take a good picture kc I only cut out a small section of the bulkhead basically a u so I just pbed it back in. As for the tank no foam I have drain holes in the tank area so I believe there will be enough air flow from above and below to keep it dry also I reused the original 20 year old tank and had it modified so it can be removed without tearing boat apart so if I get a few years out of it i'll be happy. It had epoxy on it but the new sides ar bare aluminum

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Well not really a splash a 10 min ride up the chagrin river lake was to rough to test a motor for the first time. But here it is in in new home for the next couple of months. The rest of the little things I can do on the water.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Wow ! I blink my eye for a second and ya got her in the water ! Way to go ! :cool:

zool

Captain
Cool Minch, grab the rest of the season while you can, how did it run with that engine size?...looks good on her from here.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks guys I'm getting close !!! Zool I have not taken her on the lake yet its been rough the last few days of coarse. Hopefully it will settle down in the next few days.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Ok so I know no pictures it didn't happen. Well buttoning everything up I broke the locking knob off the shift cable and can not get another one til tues. But that didn't stop us from a quick buzz around the lake that finally was a little calm after a week only 2 foot chop. Top speed so far is 30 mph with the 150 I'll get video next week after new cables.