86 Sea Ray Restoration [Splashed Oct 2017]

Rick Stephens

Admiral
if i can give a tip or two to the noobs out there from a noob... dont assume anything!!!! stick with whats tried and tru

spark - fuel - combustion

and dont change multiple parts at once, doing one item at a time makes troubleshooting so much easier

and a brand new expensive pretty part doesn't necessarily mean that it works!!!

do as i say, not as i do :) :watermelon::boink:

this lil escapde costed me three days of wasted time i could have been doing other stuff to the boat

LOL. Nuthin quite so ridiculous as like gettin in a hurry.

WOEISMEIGOTTA470

Petty Officer 1st Class
if i can give a tip or two to the noobs out there from a noob... dont assume anything!!!! stick with whats tried and tru

spark - fuel - combustion

and dont change multiple parts at once, doing one item at a time makes troubleshooting so much easier

and a brand new expensive pretty part doesn't necessarily mean that it works!!!

do as i say, not as i do :) :watermelon::boink:

this lil escapde costed me three days of wasted time i could have been doing other stuff to the boat

PREACH Goldie! Glad to see you went with the pertronix kit in the end. It had a drastic effect on smoothing out my idle quality like butter!!! Sorry I've been MIA all this time, been too busy enjoying the summer, but WOE is about to make a comeback very soon so keep posted!
Hope you get to enjoy the heck out of your new sea ray for some well deserved fun! :rockon:

Speak

Chief Petty Officer
Goldie we need a video of these test drive man - the suspense is killing me - we need video man ! Goldie style !!!!!

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Chevy.... I'm sorry I forgot to thank you for the thumb over #1 plug hole and thank you for all the other help and tips!

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I moved my trolling motor over so the winch could fit with it on the bow, will put some pics up soon, I gotta fill the old holes, sure hope i have some left over resin for peanut butter, that marine filler is high as a giraffes behind!

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Thanks speak and woe! Pics and vids coming soon! I promise, just putting the finishing touches on it, I gotta fill a few holes and paint the top of the bow were I scuffed it all up, also gotta get the odds and ends and dodads I need to finish the add a battery kit..... were almost there guys!

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Also have some touch up paint around the boat mostly the cap and trailer and it's nothing major I just want it right for the glamor shots lol

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I'm almost ready to start working on my appreciation and thank you speech to all the people who helped my dream come true

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Awesome Goldie, been following this for quite some time!! Let's not speed up the splash video though!! Alvin, Simon, or Theodore should not be giving the thank you speech. Lol

Speak

Chief Petty Officer
Goldie - I'm so proud of what you have done. I have been with you the whole way and can honestly say you have done such a great job! This was a class act build!!! Well done and congrats! Cannot wait for the official splash - does she have a name ????

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Awesome for you Goldie! Good inspiration for me and alot of other fellas trying to get where you are!!:yo::yo::yo:

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Awesome Goldie, been following this for quite some time!! Let's not speed up the splash video though!! Alvin, Simon, or Theodore should not be giving the thank you speech. Lol

Yes, it will be me raw, straight from the hart :)

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Goldie - I'm so proud of what you have done. I have been with you the whole way and can honestly say you have done such a great job! This was a class act build!!! Well done and congrats! Cannot wait for the official splash - does she have a name ????

Hey speak, thank you! No name yet, pics and boat tour coming soon though, trying to work out some last minute problems

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I had Friday of work so I took the boat out for another test run .... it spudders and can't go full throttle.... I'm so frustrated, I'm so close to being finished.... I'm going next week to have.my carpet binded and maybe snapped, snaps or no snaps, I'm on the fence.

Anybody got any ideas on the spudders and not being able to WOT?