89 Tracker splash well removed!! :)

jjkc

Seaman Apprentice
Picked up this 1989 Bass Tracker pro 17 for $500.00 I believe I did pretty good on that. I Defiantly have some work to do as the boat encountered some real winners after the original owner passed away. He left the boat to his grand kids and they refused to take care of it so there mom sold it to me. I will operate this in loving memory her dad that really put a smile on her face.

Attachments

• 100_0613.jpg
    100_0613.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0614.jpg
    100_0614.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0618.jpg
    100_0618.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0619.jpg
    100_0619.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0620.jpg
    100_0620.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 0

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: New Restoration Project

Welcome jjkc,

Looks like you scored a home run...Make sure the engine is solid, do all the required maintenance on it, so that it lives a long and happy life...

Being that this is an aluminum boat, you are well on your way to getting it all spruced up in no time...maybe have to replace the transom and some decking, if its made of wood, throw some fresh flooring in it...you'll be good to go...

Just make sure to check for any leaks and make sure the electrics are in great shape...

Have Fun,
GT1M

iCam

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I love those boats, That is a nice score! Not sure if you have browsed around iBoats, but I have got to say that the experience of knowledge on here is totally top-notch. It only costs 6 small payments of beer, just PM me and I will let you know where to send it!

Friscoboater

Captain

That will be a nice boat for sure one you clean her up. Nice score.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Man you stole that thing. In my area, river fishing rigs like that command a premium price. Good luck with your project.

jjkc

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks everyone the Front deck and Rear deck are solid. The main floor is toast though I have already began taking it out. On the plus side all the foam seems to be pretty dry. I have a 50HP mercury with power trim and tilt that I will using and I will work on the 35HP mercury and hold on to it for back up. The whole family is really excited!!! I do have a small crack in transom that will need to repaired, but it is well above the water line and transom is still very strong.

kfa4303

Banned

Great Score! You'll have her ready for Spring in no time. Gotta love those tin boats. Shoot you could probably even sell the Merc and come out ahead. Keep us posted! We love pics! (looks like we can post them again too)

glnbnz

Chief Petty Officer

Yes good find indeed. Congrats!!

jjkc

Seaman Apprentice

I will be posting some more pics tonight after I get home from working on her.

kfa4303

Banned

How are you posting them? I can't see to figure out the new method (if there is one). Thx.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

How are you posting them? I can't see to figure out the new method (if there is one). Thx.

Photobucket. Use the IMG Code links it provides for each picture.

jjkc

Seaman Apprentice

I am just using the insert picture button on the tool bar seems to be really easy.

JDA1975

Lieutenant

I am just using the insert picture button on the tool bar seems to be really easy.

the problem with that method is that a lot of times readers wont be able to see what you insert....the method EZ said works best and is easiest on readers since they don't have to click to look at them

wlg

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It sounds like you did good from what i'm reading here. I wish I could see it. I can't see any attachments. I will check back later.
Good luck with your project.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

The picture posting feature of the forum is screwy right now. And it's been screwy in the past. That's why the photobucket method is preferred. It's independent of forum issues. I've found my photobucket albums to be quite useful outside of here also.

jjkc

Seaman Apprentice

Well I will start using Photobucket to link my pictures no problem at all. I will be pulling the 35HP Mercury off today and then going to start and look over my 50HP Mercury it hasn't been started in a few years, but ran like a top when I put it up so we shall see!! Hoping for a good productive day. After I sign up for Photobucket I will post some more pictures.

jjkc

Seaman Apprentice

Here are some new pictures everyone should be able to see these I used photobucket some more will follow shortly!
100_0618.jpg

100_0614.jpg

100_0619.jpg

100_0618.jpg

jjkc

Seaman Apprentice

Here are some more pictures the console is completely removed now I will be taking the front and rear deck off next as the blooming #^%& that refinished the floor before used particle board still stoked, but really my 12 year old son knows better lol. Will be going ahead and changing the transom wood too! I want to do it right so the family can enjoy the boat for many years to come.
101_0622.jpg

101_0624.jpg

101_0625.jpg

101_0630.jpg

101_0629.jpg

jjkc

Seaman Apprentice

Here are a few more pictures. Got the front deck off and started pulling some foam out. I not real sure how to disassemble the rear deck looks like it is mostly aluminum and a lot of rivets, but there is some wood on the underside of it. Would I be right to just take a lot of pictures and start tearing into it? Not real sure how to get to the wood in the transom out either, but I am certain I need to change it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
101_0633.jpg

Front Deck Removed
101_0634.jpg

Particle board that was on the front deck
101_0637.jpg

Back deck with carpet removed

jjkc

Seaman Apprentice

Well after getting a look at the transom today I need some help. It is definitely not true and the wood is toast, and I have no idea of how to get the wood out. I also have several cracks that are going to need repaired. Here are some pictures hopefully the help. I understand that bolts on the splash well need to come out as they go through the wood in the transom I just fail to see how I am going to get the wood out without bending the top of the transom for access.

100_0643-1.jpg

100_0644-1.jpg

100_0646-1.jpg

100_0642.jpg

100_0645.jpg