• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

We're excited to announce the launch of our NEW Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building section on iboats.com! See more details!

This new area was created specifically to meet the needs of those of you who participate in the iboats Boat Restoration, Building, and Hull Repair forum. To kick off the launch, we are giving away free product in every order over $100 as follows:

Spend $100-149: Get a free paint suit (Large only)
Spend $150-199: Get a free sandpaper finish pack & paint suit (Large only)
Spend $200-249: Get a free catalyst dispenser
Spend $250-299: Get a free Sufasolve hand wipes
Spend $300-349: Get a free Aqua Blue buffing compound (quart)
Spend $350-399: Get a free small tint kit
Spend $400+: Get a free Preval sprayer

To qualify for the free products, select any Fiberlay, Spectrum Fiberglass, System Three, or Gibco product.

Also, we have discounted our already low prices by another 5-15%. Stay tuned as we will be giving away 3 $100 iboats gift certificates from May to June to be used on the new fiberglass and epoxy products.

To view the new Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building, go to http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Paint-Repair-Maintenance-Gel-Coat-Cleaners-Carpet-Epoxy/dm/view_id.11
See more
See less

Finding replacement round vent for my Stingray Blower

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding replacement round vent for my Stingray Blower

Hopefully the attachment works...

I have these 4" round blower vent holes, the origional pieces had broken louvers however they went into the hole approximately 2", enough to secure the vent hose to and were almost flush with the boat.

I ordered these from iboat: http://www.iboats.com/T-H-Marine-Lou...-view_id.47932 However they only go in the hole maybe 1/8" or so, not enough to secure the hose to.

Does anyone know where I can find the above with enough internal tubing that the vent hose can re-attach?

Only alternative I see is going with the Cowl vents with the chrome covers, but I'm resistant since they stick out and rob space from the platform and could become broken
    http://www.iboats.com/Exterior-Marin...view_id.257681

Thanks!
    -Chris
    Attached Files
    -Chris
    1999 Wellcraft Excalibur 20' 5.7Merc /A1
    1997 Stingray 190RS/ 3.0L Merc --- SOLD
    2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6/ 4x4
    2004 Pontiac GTO M6 5.7L

Re: Finding replacement round vent for my Stingray Blower

Chris, did you check with Stingray Boats for replacements?
    1992 35' Carver Aft-Cabin Motoryacht
    1972 23' Slickcraft SS-235 Hardtop
    1977 17' Cruise Boats (Restored)
    http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=469925

Comment

Another idea for the T-H vents with the 1/8" flange would be to add a larger flange to it using aluminum flashing and pop rivet it to the vent. Then attach the hose to the new wider aluminum flange. The vent mounts flush so you wouldn't see any of the alumnum flashing flange.
      1992 35' Carver Aft-Cabin Motoryacht
      1972 23' Slickcraft SS-235 Hardtop
      1977 17' Cruise Boats (Restored)
      http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=469925

Comment

I havent, I'll look them up. It didnt occur to me.

I've looked on ebay and at every Stingray model like mine and every boat has broken vents!

I'll see what I can find from the manufacturer. Any one else have links in the mean time?
        -Chris
        2004 Pontiac GTO M6 5.7L

Comment

I see the problem here..

You have vents that dont go deep enough to connect the hose ( what a biatch thats gonna be with those wings there ).

So just enough to attach the hose to the neck of the vent without crinking the hose..

Grab your new vents and take them to HD and see if they have some thin wall ( or anything ) pvc or something that fits your vent neck. 4200 them together and fit to what you need ??? ( even get close to a direct fit would be good )..

YD.
          Iboats Helper

Comment

Originally posted by Yacht Dr. View Post
            I see the problem here..

You have vents that dont go deep enough to connect the hose ( what a biatch thats gonna be with those wings there ).

So just enough to attach the hose to the neck of the vent without crinking the hose..

Grab your new vents and take them to HD and see if they have some thin wall ( or anything ) pvc or something that fits your vent neck. 4200 them together and fit to what you need ??? ( even get close to a direct fit would be good )..

YD.
            Their is actually more room and access then you think, (fortuante) I like your idea and might see what I can find as I prefer these vents to the Perko style ones, plus those are going to cost me an additional $60! (Hey, thats a tank of gas)

I checked Stingray's website and they only say that "see your dealer for parts" and their is currently no dealer in my state... It's going to take more then blower vents to get me to drive to PA!
            -Chris
            2004 Pontiac GTO M6 5.7L

Comment

I fixed it! was able to drill 3 very small holes in the edges of the vents and was able to zip tie the hosing over the vent and it worked out great! The zip ties are completely out of sight hiden behind the louvers.

-Chris
              -Chris
              2004 Pontiac GTO M6 5.7L

Comment

Here's a site I found that has lots of different vent grills... some with long tailpieces like you need: http://replacementboatparts.com/VentGrills.aspx

Comment

Working...
                X