83 Grumman 5.0 cc

fishin loon

Recruit
hey
I bought this boat and it came in 2 trailers .
I would like to redo it original but cant find any pics of the boat to go by.

So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fishin loon

mack2

Recruit
Re: 83 Grumman 5.0 cc

Just saw your old post from '09. I have a 1985 5.0 with Merc 90 inline six that I have been working on for the last couple of years. No digital camera but have a friend with one. Talked to the factory a couple of times. Almost finished with new electrics now. You have a great rig.

E-mail at EDIT

Mack

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Welcome to iboats.

Please review the rules in reference to contact information.

Sadly, we have many "one post wonder's" we have never returned.

If you click on a member's name you can see the last time that member visited iboats and in the above case that was the only post he/she made.

I doubt you will get a reply from that person due to the age of the post.

nhangler

Cadet

I picked up an 84 Grumman 5.0 this past summer and will be restoring it. Looks like a neat rig. Mack2 I sent you a PM. Good luck with your rig.

Anyone else want to share information about this boat PM me. I am finding little info online for this craft and would like to network with others on it.

mack2

Recruit

Brian

Pics of my rig when I first got it.

MM

Attachments

• 5 Meter Grumman1.jpeg
    5 Meter Grumman1.jpeg
    14.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 5 Meter Grumman2.jpeg
    5 Meter Grumman2.jpeg
    13 KB · Views: 6
  • 5 Meter Grumman3.jpeg
    5 Meter Grumman3.jpeg
    15.3 KB · Views: 7

accentphoto

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I would like to see more images made available for those of us trying to restore or even compare what it is that we are thinking to buy. I have seen a Grumman 5.0 for sale online that looked cherry compared to mine and now I have an idea of what that particular owners interior area looked like. I didn't realize they had some type of vinyl cover over the fuel and battery area. I saw the strip that holds the vinyl but until I saw another owners better than mine boat, I had no idea of what they looked like. Everyone make the effort to post more photos. I am trying to myself!

seanympho

Recruit

any one get any new pics of your 5.0 rebuilds ? i recently picked one up and am very interested in these boats.

aspeck

Staff member

Please Read the Forum rules:
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines/forum-rules-397820.html

Rule #12 ... Please do not post to threads that have been inactive for more than 3 months UN-LESS you are the original poster. We have very active forums and any thread that remains inactive for that long should be considered "dead". It is especially confusing when there is an entirely new question posted to an old thread. This is considered a hijack. Please start a new thread of your own.

Reason being that many posts that are inactive for that long are because the OP has moved on or now has a different boat. Please read and follow the rules for the benefit of all.