Engine Cover Sound

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
That stuff may work, but what I think would work better is dark colored, foam egg crate. That is what is in factory for my engine cover. The stuff there is reflective, but you want something that absorbs a lot of the sound. Since it is thin, it won't absorb much I don't think n

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Look to the automotive world,...

Dynamat and the like,........

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
I did look through the other suggestions, but they have no follow up about how well it worked, if it melted, if it fell off, etc. So I'd hate to jump in and do the housing without anyone having done this, tested it, maybe had it on over a year (seasonal changes) and had it stand up to the test. I dare not bump one of the other post.

Jarcher3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Those roll flashing should hold up fine, they are made for an outdoor environment and i would think so long as the surface is prepped it should stay on there.

harleyman1975

Ensign
I bought some stuff that was foam, lead, foam and foil, it is adhesive backed, it is marine rated, heavy and expensive but it works great!

Scott06

Vice Admiral
I bought some a couple years ago from these guys- http://www.soundproofcow.com/

They were helpful in giving me several options (read sound vs cost) that addressed marine/flame retardant issues and were a quick ship.

What Harleyman mentions is the right way to do it, I just went with an egg crate foam because it didn't want to drop that much on it. Made a big difference in noise.