1988 wellcraft bowrider to cuddy" conversion (Splashed)

Pusher

Lieutenant
Glad to hear it! And I'll second three good luck on finding the traps.

I stopped watching the news when they started talking about the cracked crane over the deserted construction project. Did this end up being as bad as the metrologists predicted or have you been through worse?

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Ok so coming off a HEART ATTCK, starting a new project, losing your crab traps and a little hurricane came around named IRMA....
How the hell are you and the family????
Need a status report.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Glad to hear it! And I'll second three good luck on finding the traps.

I stopped watching the news when they started talking about the cracked crane over the deserted construction project. Did this end up being as bad as the metrologists predicted or have you been through worse?
really they are never as bad as predicted for some but others total devastation, mileage varies , they only talk about the worst because that's the only way to get folks to react and protect themselves, i heard the 8 folks who stayed in key west all perished so heart goes out top those families, in my neck of woods 400 homes are uninhabitable... and still flooded so i guess you could say it went off better then expected yet still a tragedy.
i will admit the guy standing in the weater running down the road when there was a dry curb right behind him was a little much for me as well :0

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Ok so coming off a HEART ATTCK, starting a new project, losing your crab traps and a little hurricane came around named IRMA....
How the hell are you and the family????
Need a status report.
We good one tree , same tree as last years event needed proppin back up but otherwise we have been blessed... now about those traps lol , still cant get to them yet ugh !

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
What was ya using as a float on the trap line ?
It may have moved some but you should be able to find it I would think ..

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well been busy as hell the lake still too high to get to the ramp but buddy took a rowboat out and checked traps but didn't have room had no crabs so we thinking it got too freshwater for em and they moved out or they are up in the shallows getting the insects and stuff

Pusher

Lieutenant
Wow! You're a lucky duck to get those traps back. I hear the larger crabs get first dibs on the best foods while the smaller guys go for the three day old chicken guts. You might try dropping some prime rib down there ;-)

I'm just catching up to the notifications. Why in the heck would you stay in the keys!?! Now the families have to go on without them due to their reclessness. All 8... that's insane.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
oh, im not in the keys im just north of daytona we suffered more flooding then anything and still dealing with it :(

Pusher

Lieutenant
oh, im not in the keys im just north of daytona we suffered more flooding then anything and still dealing with it :(

Sorry, I meant why would they...
Is this an evaporative process or are the storm drains all backed up?

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
its basically because we have had winds out of northeast for a month so the water cant drain to ocean from st johns and that backs everything up

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well, i managed to sell bass boat to a nice guy , and i have decided to end this project by buying a 2150 bayliner hardtop, and i will take all the goodies off this boat and put on the bayliner. i will start a new post.

This was a very fun project however i have noticed a few places where water has penetrated the wood and figure it will quickly erode it, since it was a experiment and kinda too small for me after using it i don't see a reason to continue, with this project here is what i gleaned.carpenter bees/ants suck!
any material can be used on a boat from home depot as long as it is properly sealed, however with all the movement and flexing a boat gets, how long that seal will last is open to debate,carpenter bees/ants suck!
acrylic paint does just fine on a boat fiberglass or wood , spar urethane... dont think its waterproof from humidity and eventually it seems to start molding under it took about a year,carpenter bees/ants suck!
with minor repairs this boat would easily last 5 to 6 years or more, Did i mention carpenter bees/ants suck! :) anyways i dont have the ability to store or park 2 boats constantly so i chose to get a Bayliner hardtop to be my single boat . before the Bayliner bashing goes on , i believe a Bayliner is probably built just as good as any other, as we have seen it really comes down to maintenance, these boats have lasted 30 yrs or more. not sure what folks expect but how many "highest quality boats" do you see still around after 30 years with crappy maintenance , lol . will be starting a new post for the bayliner :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
So whats your opinion on Carpenter bee's and ants ? :lol:
the are true hellspawns! :) took it out toi friends house by lake dont have the heart to tear it down yet , gonna ride a few more times at least till it runs out of fuel :)

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Couldn?t agree with you more on your comments on Bayliner boats. They do get a bump rap for being affordable..... I enjoyed the crap out of mine.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well here we are i gutted the wooden portion of the boat and found a 88 wellcraft doner boat for engine and outdrive for the bayliner and the cap for this one:)
ZFUEL8t.jpg
its on its way to become a bow rider again :)