1988 wellcraft bowrider to cuddy" conversion (Splashed)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
waiting on the coolers for back to be deliviered , might get it all back together and hit the water this weekend for a bit if temps stay up but I really need to address trailer next these springs are bottomed out so ill have to put 4 leafs on or go with those rubber axleless ones.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Have you figured out how much weight you added to your boat with all the mods? You need to make sure your boat doesn't exceed the rating of your axle. It's not real fun to watch your wheel pass you on the road. 😁

I would plan a trip to your local scale and get her weighed so you know for sure. Take the trailer in empty first, then take the combination, subtract the weight of the trailer. I'll be doing this with my Chap so I can keep an eye on its fitness, so to speak. I wish I would have though of weighing it before I started my resto, it would have been cool to see how many pounds of water weight it shed.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Flex seal ...
If it will seal a screen door johnboat it will seal the bottom of your d/h .😐

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
good point sam ! lol I had thought about using scrap pieces of pond liner butt I couldn't find my scrap pieces anymore lol

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
How about just using some nail in feet like they use on the bottom of chair legs and keeping the bottom off the floor.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Metal, plastic or rubber channel;
u-channel.png

Baylinerchuck

Commander
How about just using some nail in feet like they use on the bottom of chair legs and keeping the bottom off the floor.

That is a fantastic idea...I'm going to use that idea when I reinstall my rear bench seat in my Chap. This will keep the plywood from sitting directly on the floor and make it easier to remove in the future. Sorry for the hi-jack, but that's a great idea!! :hail:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
get away...The bottom will always be subject to water like even if you hose down the boat. Hows felt going to prevent moisture in any event. In fact it will suck water up the wood and never dry out.
The least you should do is resin the bottom and glass it as a form of encapsulation. jmho :joyous:

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
get away...The bottom will always be subject to water like even if you hose down the boat. Hows felt going to prevent moisture in any event. In fact it will suck water up the wood and never dry out.
The least you should do is resin the bottom and glass it as a form of encapsulation. jmho :joyous:

I'm talking about the small plastic feet that are on furniture. Almost buttons with nails to hold them in to the wood. I realize water will get on the bottom but if it is elevated that 1/8" it will not sit in water and will dry quicker.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
I'm talking about the small plastic feet that are on furniture. Almost buttons with nails to hold them in to the wood. I realize water will get on the bottom but if it is elevated that 1/8" it will not sit in water and will dry quicker.

Right, I was actually thinking about making some UHMW tabs with stainless countersunk screws. I would use this on the bench seat, and two dividers on either side of the engine. Thanks for putting my brain in gear!!

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Very funny Kcassells. Got a good giggle out of me there. That type of humor is right up my alley. Drives the wife nuts.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Baylinerchuck, stainless screws would be even better. You could use 5200 in the holes that way. I bet you can buy rubber pieces with holes in the middle for screws. I'm thinking like something you'd find on the bottom if a cash register or something along those lines.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
sassy approves :)
20170118_152604.jpg

20170118_152535.jpg

yep one side is slightly lower then other because of whats behind door but I figure its passable because most times you wont be able to look at both sides at same time :)

Pusher

Lieutenant
I approve of your cooler choices Mick... And the hydrogen machine standing on the "dog house"! :)

I liked the furniture feet idea guys. I think I have the answer based off your ideas, and it would level your dog house too Mick. Cut a 1/2" thick teflon cutting board from the goodwill legthwise and countersink a 1/2" x 1/2" strip to the starboard side and do the same with a 3/8" board on the port side. Viola!

shaw520

Chief Petty Officer
Hey!,.. I thought no one was allowed to sit on it ,..or stand !...lol

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Hey!,.. I thought no one was allowed to sit on it ,..or stand !...lol

She has special privlages she does what she wants and makes no apologies, missus says she wished she could get away with half of what sassy does lol

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Well they do call them dog houses ... Just needs a scarf and goggles and she'd be snoopy !