1958 Lone Star Daytona

Good Afteroon! First post on iboats but I have used the forum countless times. An amazing number of experienced members so willing to help. I have a 1958 Lone Star "Daytona" with an Evinrude Big-Twin 35 hanging on her. After I meet my minimum post requirement that allows me to post pictures, I will post a few. I want to accomplish a couple of things starting with getting this model of Lone Star recognized on the Internet . Except for one mention on this site in a scanned 1959 Lone Star brochure, there is no information on the Daytona model anywhere. This boat is unrestored but in excellent shape with all of the original parts, paint, fittings, logo's, etc. Seeing what this boat looked like new might help out someone looking to restore one. The seats are painted plywood but were most likely upholstered when new, I like them the way they are myself. I would also like to get some guidance on keeping this great boat seaworthy and the old Evinrude running for another 50 years or so. Thanks!

Just noticed that I am a "Recruit." I was a Coast Guard Seaman Recruit in 1988 and ended my USCG career as a first-class petty officer in 1999. Is there any way I can get a field promotion based on prior service? Maybe apprentice or SN? Just askin'. :)

Thank you Adm. Waterman! I'm sure I can repost but maybe a moderator can move this to the restoration section. I'll let it sit for a while. Very nice Starcraft.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Thanks Coastie, looking forward to seeing your LS. Yeah a Mod should be around shortly to make the move for you. :mod:

No Title

Attachments

• photo239328.JPG
    photo239328.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo239329.JPG
    photo239329.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 1
  • photo239330.jpg
    photo239330.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 1
  • photo239331.jpg
    photo239331.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo239332.JPG
    photo239332.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 1
  • photo239333.JPG
    photo239333.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 1

jbcurt00

Staff member
Moved

Although nautical themed, iboats ranks are not tied to military service nor in the same order as military rank.

Here its tied to post count, w regular 'promotions'....

Welcome to iboats. I love that color scheme on a vintage LS, and they used it on several different models.

Great looking LS

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Now that's one sweet little tinny! :thumb:

fetch

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Welcome aboard ! :welcome:
I'm not a tin boat guy but I think I could be one if I had something like yours .. Love the color scheme ! If ya paint it please keep it the same ... :cool:

64osby

Admiral
Great looking Lone * Star you have there.

My bony bottom would need some cushions. :D

Thanks for all the Welcome Aboards! Osby, thanks for the links. The picture of the two couples in that old Lone Star is pretty much where I want to be 100% of the time but boat gas and beer costs keep me working. If anyone ever needs anything from the Lake of the Ozarks area, just let me know.

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
64 said:
My bony bottom would need some cushions. :D

Perhaps the the 2nd seat is cushioned and that's why the Mrs. won't ride up front with him. :rolleyes:

Awesome looking LS! I might have mentioned before that blue is my favorite color so I definitely love the color but above that that two tone paint scheme is cool and really sets it off.

How to keep her running for another 50yrs - The same thing that kept going the first 50 maintenance, maintenance, maintenance.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
You've got a real gem right there! Any story behind it?

56Crestliner

Cadet
I have to say that is one awesome looking boat! Looks almost too good for a restoration, just hope my boat looks that good after I restore it!

Hello Cat. I'm pretty sure I am the 4th owner of this boat. I have the 1971 title from the second owner who had the boat until the summer of 2014. The third owners were a pair of 20 year old twin brothers who found out they needed a little more boat to navigate the waters of Lake of the Ozarks on summertime Saturday's. In fact, the first time I saw this boat the twins were underway on the main channel and I pulled alongside after picking my way through the 4-foot cruiser waves in a 28' Cobalt. I thought it was the coolest boat on the lake and told them to let me know when they were through with it. Got a call from them last spring and bought it that day. It is in amazingly great shape. I rewired it a few weeks ago because the old insulation for the horn and lights was gone. The insulation on the Big-Twin between the remote start / choke panel and engine is perfect. I think I will enjoy it the way it is for a few years and then go for the complete restoration. The folks on this site are true craftsmen and make you THINK that no job is too big. There's a 1955 Lone Star El Dorado for sale on e-bay right now with what looks like the same color scheme as my old boat. Kind of tempting when you see the shine. I did some polishing on mine last weekend and removed the oxidation on the aqua and navy paint. Looks a whole lot better than the trailered and on the water pictures from last year that I posted.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Glad you saved it from a permanent home at the bottom of Lake of the Ozarks! :lol:

Imho, thats one of those rigs where a restoration would involve replacing structural wood if dryrotted/rotten and preserving the wonder patina! What a rare find!