Yard spigot replacement

MRS

Commander
I changed out two twenty some year old spigots they are brass on iron pipe one inch.
they both leak thru the threads cannot tighten enough to stop leaking what am I doing wrong?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I changed out two twenty some year old spigots they are brass on iron pipe one inch.
they both leak thru the threads cannot tighten enough to stop leaking what am I doing wrong?
What are you using for sealer?

RectorSeal or Teflon tape would be my choice

MRS

Commander
What are you using for sealer?

RectorSeal or Teflon tape would be my choice
I used regular pipe dope I did just wrap with Teflon tape one tiny drop leaked out. Will do the other one and add one more extra wrap.
Thanks for the advice.

MRS

Commander
Did extra wraps on the second one no leaks will redo the first one later only one little drop have to bbq 🍗 chicken now.
what is rector seal might have to get some seems like the town here kicked up the water pressure here I have a shut off I installed when I added the two water spigot’s in the backyard pressure now seems really high. That is when they started to leak. Thanks again.

flashback

Captain
I've used rector seal on my well fittings, it's a good pipe dope. I only have about 40lb of pressure so can't say how it works on city type pressure..

Enjoy your chicken!

MRS

Commander
I've used rector seal on my well fittings, it's a good pipe dope. I only have about 40lb of pressure so can't say how it works on city type pressure..

Enjoy your chicken!
The pipe dope seems to work good on the iron pipe to iron pipe but not so good on iron to brass. The Teflon tape worked on that connection the chicken turned out yummy 😋