Yamaha 08 2 stroke 90TLR low compression

brodius

Seaman
Hello, i have had this motor for a year now and it runs and sounds ok but checking compression the readings were 75psi on all 3 cylinders. Just wanted to point out that i have a cheap compression tester that i got from a friend so hopefully the numbers are higher. I have read that doin a decarb with seafoam on 2 stroke engine could bring compression numbers up. Does this work? What is the procedure?

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Tis the gauge as all 3 are equal. Just start running Yammy Ringfree in your fuel every other tank.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Got to be the gauge, you’d think. You’ll likely get different readings again if she had some oil around about her and running just previously. Otherwise it’s extremely coincidental and unlikely proportionally even wear or multiple and even head compromises. Surely not.
Apart from all that…these things are bloody bombproof, out with an owner seriously messing up in a big way. Even then…I’ve known some of the smaller Yamaha engines of this era to still fire up, even after a serious event like submersion, no oil, overheated badly.
Best of luck.