WSS Project - Espresso Bar

Why So Searious? (WSS) Project - Espresso Bar

The first thing I did was remove the original LCD TV. I was able to find only one 32 inch LED LCD TV with a thin enough bezel to fit where the mirror was. This is a project on its own.

For my new "espresso bar", I had an acrylic platform custom created via CNC to go where the TV was. This platform features a cup holder and a juice groove to catch any spills.

The original TV stand had 4 screw holes and a large hole for the power cable. I was able to reuse the 4 existing holes for mounting the platform and the center large hole for the espresso machine's power cord. No new holes were drilled for this project (or any of my projects).

The cup holder tray is Doral original. I removed it from the galley cabinet and mounted it on the platform (yes, I just freed up a cabinet!). To prevent scratches to the platform by the cup bottoms, I used a protective sheet -- the skin for a computer tablet. I will like to add a clear silicone sheet to minimize movement from the cups. Let me know if anyone has a source for clear silicone sheets or a clear trivet.

I haven't yet finalized how I am fixing the espresso machine to the platform. Right now I'm using super duty velcro which is working, but I'd like something stronger. The espresso machine has a cord storage area underneath. I may try to make a custom mount for the storage area which can attach to the platform.

In case you're wondering, under the "espresso bar" is the "hidden computer station". The computer station features a remote operated power strip, a computer to run my movie theater software, a router repeater so i can connect all my geek electronics.

Future projects may include hidden camera system with offsite monitoring (pushed from my theater pc), led lighting under the upper shelf and/or inside the espresso bar platform to get the edges glowing.

Let me know what you think.

Searious_20121018_8860.jpg Searious_20121019_7123.jpg Searious_20121019_7106.jpg
Searious_20121019_7129.jpg Searious_20121019_7134.jpg

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: WSS Project - Espresso Bar

Doode that is swank, excellent job, what is the boat, what is your Doral model? I have just finished a major overhaul on my Platinum Series 2000 250SE, it is into the water this Saturday, full hull peel amongst many other improvements, back better than factory. I was looking at the mirror area in mine wondering how I can replace that with a TV or do some other stuff. I love the teak table and finishing.

It's a 2006 Doral Elegante. All the wood stuff is original stock. The only thing i made were the acrylic pieces for the TV and coffee platform.

the trick with finding a TV is to measure the distance from the wall to the front of the TV (depth/thickness). the more depth you have, the bigger the TV you can fit because of the sloping roof. my TV is about 4 inches from the 'mirror' which gave me about 1.5 inches additional height, which allowed me to go from a 27in to a 32in TV. i was only able to find ONE 32in tv that had a small enough bezel to fit in there. i also wanted LED LCD since it is lighter and i assume is more durable to handle the bow movements (don't read that part too slow).

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It's a 2006 Doral Elegante. All the wood stuff is original stock. The only thing i made were the acrylic pieces for the TV and coffee platform.

the trick with finding a TV is to measure the distance from the wall to the front of the TV (depth/thickness). the more depth you have, the bigger the TV you can fit because of the sloping roof. my TV is about 4 inches from the 'mirror' which gave me about 1.5 inches additional height, which allowed me to go from a 27in to a 32in TV. i was only able to find ONE 32in tv that had a small enough bezel to fit in there. i also wanted LED LCD since it is lighter and i assume is more durable to handle the bow movements (don't read that part too slow).

Nice job with the acrylic and the Nespresso machine, my buddy is Western Canada distributor and does mostly the commercial sales but also can offer home machines, love the coffee as well, I just find to make a large mug/glass you need 3 pods or I use my lungo Nespresso cups!

Once my 250SE is into its slip I will look into the TV, I will be happy wiith a 27" if at all possible and will settle for smaller:)

Once my 250SE is into its slip I will look into the TV

what are you talking about. i did the measuring and took tons of photos while we were shopping for the Elegante. then research and prep over the winter. we bought in the spring and our first weekend in the slip was to measure for confirmation. the TV was in the next weekend! :)

that's what winters are for. my garage is already getting loaded with project stuff for the spring. can't wait.

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class

what are you talking about. i did the measuring and took tons of photos while we were shopping for the Elegante. then research and prep over the winter. we bought in the spring and our first weekend in the slip was to measure for confirmation. the TV was in the next weekend! :)

that's what winters are for. my garage is already getting loaded with project stuff for the spring. can't wait.

I have had a project on the go for last 2 mths:) Hull on my boat was completely peeled to bare laminate and I did an extensive makeover, it is back better than factory, I could have gone easier route but I wanted it done proper. Converted it for the salt water use it will see, full cut polish amongst other stuff, I plan to start a thread with pictures detailing what I did , start to finish. Saturday is the day we drop it in the water and drive to my slip after taking a spin, yep it is cold out here in Pacific Northwest but on average am able to get out a couple times a month at least, so over balance of the winter I will look into what I can make work.

Very nice boat you have btw and good job on the work!

uh, my project is kids play compared to yours. i'd love to see your thread. :)

Nice job looks really good.
You mentioned lighting and I did this to my last boat and going to repeat it again. I got led strip lights under and over the shelf. And under the counters of the ice maker and fridge. The photo doesn't do justice, as when seen by the eye looks like a consistent even glow up the entire ceiling (no hot spots). At night I'll leave them on very dim and red so my little guy can see his way. Very power conservative too.IMG_0276.jpg

nice. i love indirect lighting and have thought about doing rope lighting, but haven't decided on which remote controlled power system to use (i would like to control all the lights from a few fixed locations. using the power panel is what i like the least about Doral). and also i want very dim warm white lighting. most white LEDs i've seen are too cool in color for my taste. although red would match the arch lights and preserve night vision.

for night-time trips to the head, i use motion-activated, light-sensitive, battery operated, waterproof, LED nightlight near the sink cabinet/doorway. i also stick one light in each transom locker and a couple in my dock box.

BSAFlash

Petty Officer 1st Class

Love the mod's Searious, your coffee bar looks like a factory fit option.
I've been looking for locker lighting, the battery operated option seems the easiest.