Winner 1850

pny212

Seaman
cimg7427uuuu2.jpg
CIMG7425.jpg
View attachment 14075

P1010686.jpg

Just added a new Chart/ dept finder and new dash panel to get some of the wood off

CIMG8060.jpg

this is the old console setup

P1010580.jpg

also replaced the back hatches with starboard

Here is my 88 winner 1850 w/ a merc 150 in great shape,
P

Last edited:

pny212

Seaman
Re: Update Winner 1850

Re: Update Winner 1850

xxx

Last edited:

pny212

Seaman
Re: Winner 1850

tried a new prop 13 3/4 x 21p and @ 5600 on gps was 49.6 mph with my father and I with a full tank of fuel, let me know what you guys are running on gps speeds ???

recoil

Petty Officer 3rd Class

hi m8 we have a mercuiser in are wildcat . we have worked on the engine i.e
dart performnce heads
high lift cam
eagle billit steel crank
flat top pistons
pro gasket set
and in the process of fitting a edelbrook manifold
it was producing 260bhp now it produces 350 bhp
the compression on the piston was 150 psi now its 210 psi
heres a pic:rolleyes:
17022008016_edited-copy.jpg

21052008224.jpg

pny212

Seaman

that is bad *** and I love to see such well kept classic boats, as my brother has a 82 17" chris craft with a 400 sb chevy inboard that used to be in full action and now sit's waiting for a restore that will be in about 10 years

GATOR-in-MI

Recruit

I Just bought a 1990 Winner 1850 CC.... I am looking to restore the boat.... It sat out in the HOT FLORIDA SUN!! Where can I find restoration parts? I checked around and there are NO Winner boats in the salvage yards around here.... HELP!!

pny212

Seaman

took the boat out today and it ran perfect, it never ran so smooooooth, even my friend said, I think it's a little quieter, I was thinking it but didnt say it, couldnt ask for more, for what it's worth it could never be replaced

very happy winner owner, and I was considering selling it

winner owner

Seaman

I had my 1850 offshore last week salmon fishing and ran into some bad whether with 5 ft waves,

I put her on a good plane and she cut through those waves like a dream!

These boats were made to come home!

RJ17

Cadet

Cool report. Love to hear how these plow through rough seas. I've only had my 1850 out twice but enjoy it already.

I'm curious. How many other 1850 owners have the full transom/engine bracket configuration?

winner owner

Seaman

I wish I had a full transom.Without a full transom I am ALLWAYS mindfull of following seas! I make sure I keep them off my tail, S directions all the way to shore.

As long as I'm moving forward in rough seas I'm ok but I'd hate to be broke down in rough water and my stern turns to the waves...yuk

Take care out there!

pny212

Seaman

Ive had a few good splashes over the stern, in rough sees when we are bottom fishing I always tilt the motor up to try and keep it dry, might be the wrong thing to do but it looks correct

RJ17

Cadet

I was out this weekend in some heavy seas, 2-3 foot rollers with chop on top and the occaisional 5 footer. Boat moved well at 7-8 MPH (per my GPS) into the waves and wind. When I got into the lee of the land I stepped up to 27-30 MPH and flew over the rollers with a few "thuds" as I landed in the trough!

Same thing with the followng sea, "jumped" off the top of a few waves with a heavy landing in the trough. If I didn't have motor issues (my '89 Evinrude 140 dies in the following seas!) I would have stayed out for a while just playing around in the waves.

I feel very confident in the boat, just wish I could get the same feeling about the motor. (I've been posting in the Engine forum for help.)

winner owner

Seaman

I easy down on the throttle at the top of a big wave, I find going in the trough
softer that way.The boat has enough momentum that it will get right back on plane.Burying the nose going off of a REALLY big wave can be dangerous.I also find that going at 30 degrees from directly into the waves there is a lot less big waves to deal with, especially when riding following seas.

At my older age though I should lay off too much fun... and slow and easy my way in!

pny212

Seaman

try dumping a couple cans of Berryman - B12 Chemtool Carburetor Cleaner in the tank and let it sit for a few days,
this should eat up anything in there, pick it up at walmart for about $3.00 per can, cheap fix!!! ,this helped me and I reverse blew the line with the fuel cap off until it bubbled good, I have had some fuel issues with the winner but I think I licked them, I also maintain my fuel with bell performance marine mxo as my merc dealer swears by it and I think it does work,

good luck

RJ17

Cadet

try dumping a couple cans of Berryman - B12 Chemtool Carburetor Cleaner in the tank and let it sit for a few days,
this should eat up anything in there, pick it up at walmart for about $3.00 per can, cheap fix!!! ,this helped me and I reverse blew the line with the fuel cap off until it bubbled good, I have had some fuel issues with the winner but I think I licked them, I also maintain my fuel with bell performance marine mxo as my merc dealer swears by it and I think it does work,

good luck

Just read this today (10-25). I used a product called SEA FOAM (about 1 ounce per gallon) and 89 octane (mid grade) fuel from an on road (as opposed to on water) station. After some fits and starts got it to get up to 4500 RPMs and 30+ MPH.

HOWEVER, the motor would lose power and stall when the boat started to "bounce" at all in the waves (they were small, 1-2 ft).

When you reverse blew the lines did you disconnect right at the motor/fuel filter and blow from there? I have a fuel-water separator so I suspect that I would need to blow from that point back. No issues blowing back through the bulb?

RJ17

Cadet

tried a new prop 13 3/4 x 21p and @ 5600 on gps was 49.6 mph with my father and I with a full tank of fuel, let me know what you guys are running on gps speeds ???

When she is running right I seem to max out at 31 MPH (gps) and 4500 RPMs.

winner owner

Seaman

Did you read the info below from tashasdaddy.... see the section about
COLD START PROCEDURES!!!

Top Secret File-BY tashasdaddy....i'ts at the top of the Johnson @ Evinrude thread.......

" This Is Under Construction. just click and get the answers.

these are suggestion, NOTHING beats the OEM manuals!!!

ETHANOL, FUEL LINES and CARBS

WHY WON'T IT START

COLD START PROCEDURES.

IT HAS BEEN SITTING 2 YEARS, WHAT TO DO?

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=439997

HOW DO I ADJUST MY CARBS?

Carb Cleaning and rebuild

TIMING Johnson Evinrude Carbed motors

Trim N Tilt won't work???

PRIMER SOLENOID ( red handle)

POINTS AND COILS

Starter will not engage, or will not turn motor.

Manuals and Diagrams

SHIFT ROD HEIGHTS FOR LOWER UNITS.

Decarbing Motor

Changing Lower Unit Oil

compression test by JB

Removing Flywheel

INSTALLING CONTROL CABLES

Winterizing

Lower Unit interchange

HOW DO I START MY MOTOR? Johnson/Evinrude cold start procedure

what year is my motor??

WATER PUMP, and Lower unit, tutorial, many pictures.

Maintainance schedule

pressure and non pressure tanks

VRO conversion questions

Ignition wiring diagrams

Salvage yards

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.
Last edited by JB; September 19th, 2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: add-on "

Ps. Did you lynch and synch according to your outbourd manual....

pny212

Seaman

yes I took the line off my fuel water separator in the back and took took the gas cap off and applied about 20 psi from the compressor until she started to bubble, I think it was clogged as it took about 30 seconds until it bubbled, sea foam is the same as the berrymans just about half of the cost as I would dump 2 cans in there to eat up all the gunk you just blew back in from the lines and pick up,

let me know how it all works out for you, my mariner 150 with just me on it can hit 50 in choppy water, about 46 in glass on gps but I hit 5800 rpms, you may be over propped