Where does the fish box drain?

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
My '98 SeaSwirl 21 Dual Console has a large livewell in the bow, between the bow seats. It has a drain, which appears to go into the bilge. It runs slowly, and appears to stop draining after a while. There also seems to be a center passage from the transom forward, which could be a central drain. The question is does the fishwell drain it this? If so, how do I clean it out?

skelly55

Recruit
Re: Where does the fish box drain?

I have the same question. The drain at the bottom does not seem to be emptying, What can I do to drain the fish box? The bilge runs and dumps water from the boat but does not seem to empty the fish box? How do I chheck if the bigle is plugged?

skelly55@tampabay.rr.com

steve.........

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Where does the fish box drain?

Skelly, I had an idea this AM. I think I will run a electrical snake thru the fishbox drain, and see if I can find a passage to the transom part of the bilge. If so, I can drill the fish box drain to accept a thru hull fitting with a hose long enough to reach the bilge. The drain will need to be glued to the fisbox, since I cannot get to the place where the "nut" would go, but at least the fishbox will drain directly into the bilge, and all that stinky water will not end up everywhere in the boat.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Where does the fish box drain? - UPDATED

Re: Where does the fish box drain? - UPDATED

OK, The fishbox drain cannot be easily connected to the bilge with a hose. It appears that the box directly behind the fishbox does drain into the bilge directly, however since it is deeper than the fishbox, I think it impeads the fishbox drain. Maybe they can be connected together with a hose. This may solve the problem, although I would be drilling blindly between the two boxes, which is dangerous.