Wading prius

froggy1150

Master Chief Petty Officer
Looked over and didn't believe it.... wouldn't the batteries be submerged????

briangcc

Commander
They're in the trunk/under rear seat so unlike a Tesla with a direct dunk. Still not something I'd be doing as the electric motor(s) are likely submerged.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Just saw one EV company has initiated bankruptcy proceedings.----Glad I did not give them a deposit for one of their products.----Or worse , have one in my driveway !

stresspoint

Ensign
Just saw one EV company has initiated bankruptcy proceedings.----Glad I did not give them a deposit for one of their products.----Or worse , have one in my driveway !
their people must have told them to cut and run before the lawsuits start coming .

airshot

Rear Admiral
If we had a time lapse on that pic and could see a little latter in time....we would see a big POOF as she goes up in flames!! Sorry, no idea why it went bold..

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Looked over and didn't believe it.... wouldn't the batteries be submerged????
Thats a really dumb thing to do. However surely those EV vehicles must be able to get a little wet? Real world experience tells you that you will have to drive thru a deep pothole ot flooded area at some point. Maybe everything is sealed against water? I still wouldn't chance that though.....

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
There is splash resistant and submersion resistant.

EVs are not submersion resistant

airshot

Rear Admiral
Especially in salt water...the corrsion factor is quick and makes them go poof !! Look at all the fires in EV's after the hurricanes !!

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Did you see that ship over by Germany that burnt carrying a load of cars? They suspect that was caused by an EV catching fire. I always wanted one, but I think I'll wait until they get all the bugs worked out!

airshot

Rear Admiral
Did you see that ship over by Germany that burnt carrying a load of cars? They suspect that was caused by an EV catching fire. I always wanted one, but I think I'll wait until they get all the bugs worked out!
That is gonna be a while, to busy trying to push them to make the political agenda !! There are a lot of bugs still waiting to be ironed out !!

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
There will never be one in my driveway
For the simple reason that I will not tolerate choices being taken from me.

Renken2000Classic

Petty Officer 2nd Class
We may get it pushed onto us anyway, unfortunately. There are people with too much time on their hands, apparently.

I was walking in to work the other day in the rain and wind, and the beloved and much worshipped "Mother Nature" turned my umbrella inside out. I thought I had it pointed right, but maybe not, lol.

Point being I guess, that "the earth"'s trying to ruin and take back so much of what we work toward - the sun, the wind, salt water, you name it, it's all bad for our "stuff". But no, oh no, we've got to "save the planet", lol. This from people who won't be here (much to there great surprise, possibly) to see the ill-grown fruit of their labor and life's work. Lol.

I personally have other, more traditionally religious views of things, but this is one way to look at it - The earth's trying to kill you!