Took advantage of a nice day.

FLATHEAD

Captain
Dragged the new to me alumacraft 1542 out to a lake. Bought it a few months ago but never put it in the water till today. Just a little leak check before I put in a floor. It’s a newer boat and really good shape but I still wanted to check. Ran it out in the lake with a T-motor. Not a drop showed up. It’ll be relegated to electric motor only water, and will spend most of the year at my local lake in my paid for spot. The lake pictured ( not where this boat will be) was frozen at the launch I wanted to use but the main lake and marina was open water. Two others out this morning. Felt good to get out if only for a short time.

IMG_5542.jpeg

matt167

Captain
here in Ny. I don’t think the lakes are freezing too fast. Kind of makes me want to take a winter lap around the small local one. But I’d have to drive an hour in the opposite direction to pick up the boat from inside winter storage

aspeck

Staff member
Was hoping to get out today ... but working on replacing my gazebo roof took all day and only 1/2 done with the job. Ugh.

ezbtr

Commander
Congrats! Looks like a great day! We're done w' 9 ' ish inches of rain last 2 weeks, and 60 ish breezy and sunny during day 40s nights in central TX , I need to get a boat again! :)