Today= Longest day of the year..

Well here we are, today is officially the longest day of the year... In the northern hemisphere anyways.

The first day of summer—the summer solstice—is the longest day of the year, the Sun reaches its most northern point in the sky at local noon. After this date, the days start getting shorter

http://www.almanac.com/content/first-day-seasons

It is nice to have such long hours of daylight, and I do not miss getting dark at 4:30PM, that's for sure!!!

It's all down hill from here guys!!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: Today= Longest day of the year..

We're just starting summer when most of the country had months of it already. Now the days are getting shorter already....:facepalm:

rbh

Fleet Admiral

^^^^^

plus#1, there been so much rain here I am going to build an ark just in case.

fresh snow at 4500 foot mark this week, UUUUUGH

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Every day seems like the longest day of the year on this business trip to Korea !!!! :facepalm:

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

I have a love-hate relationship with this day, as I do with the shortest day of the year.

It's the longest day of the year is what I love about it, and the fact that it's all downhill from here is what I hate about it. Just the opposite for the shortest day..I hate it because it's the shortest day, but love it because it's all longer from there! :p

R Socey

Chief Petty Officer

Every day has 24, hours ;)

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I would be much happier if come November they don't move the clocks back. Leave it the way it is now. As said, getting darker one hour earlier(around 4:30 at it's worst) makes for a long winter. Unfortunately, I don't believe the powers that be care what I think.....:facepalm:

Did someone mention it's almost 4th of July already????? Only 2 more weeks... :eek: