Super Pro 196

kylemclean72

Recruit
Does anyone happen to know what the weight (estimate) would be of a mid-late 80s super pro 196? I've been running mine for years as a fishing boat and its been great, but I want to finally put a bow mount trolling motor on it but want to figure out weight so I can sort out the thrust I need. Can find dry weights for after the princecraft merger for the super pros, would those be relatively close or did things change significantly enough to make a large weight difference? Can figure out he weight of the rest of the gear and engines and everything so if its just a dry weight that can work. Winter here so can't put it in the water and weight the trailer with/without it.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Does anyone happen to know what the weight (estimate) would be of a mid-late 80s super pro 196? I've been running mine for years as a fishing boat and its been great, but I want to finally put a bow mount trolling motor on it but want to figure out weight so I can sort out the thrust I need. Can find dry weights for after the princecraft merger for the super pros, would those be relatively close or did things change significantly enough to make a large weight difference? Can figure out he weight of the rest of the gear and engines and everything so if its just a dry weight that can work. Winter here so can't put it in the water and weight the trailer with/without it.
Won't hurt a rhing if you went overboard on the trolling motor power. In fact many claim you save battery power by using a larger than needed thrust !! Food for thought.....