Striper 1851

dorkhead

Seaman
I just bought a 1851. Awesome boat but I can't find the riser tube for the livewell. It's a 2003. Am I able to buy that at a Marine store or do I have to get it from Seaswirl. I have written them and got no response. Any ideas? Mike

hcarney

Recruit
Re: Striper 1851

I just bought a 1851. Awesome boat but I can't find the riser tube for the livewell. It's a 2003. Am I able to buy that at a Marine store or do I have to get it from Seaswirl. I have written them and got no response. Any ideas? Mike

Mike
I own a 2003 1851 dc you don't need a riser you need a plug for the bottom
there is a drain at the top left side of the livewell.Hope this helps

Harry

seaswirl1

Recruit
Re: Striper 1851

Hello fellow 1851ers. I have a 2006 1851DC and I'm trying to winterize it myselft this year. Problem is I can't find any information on how to winterize the live well and raw water wash down. I figured out that the water intake is on the bottom of the boat and leads directly to the water pump which has a shut off valve. The water pump pumps water into the side of the livewell. The livewell has two drains (one on the top and one on the left). I'm not sure how the raw water washdown system works yet. The seaswirl website says it has a holding tank? I'm trying to figure out how I can flush the entire system with fresh water (to get the salt water out of it) and then fill the system with some non toxic anti freeze. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!