Smokercraft- 7 weeks and waiting

ziemann

Chief Petty Officer
Just thought I would vent a bit. This coming week marks seven weeks since I placed an order for a new Smokercraft- 16' single side console (walleye boat)- Nissan 50 hp TLDI.<br /><br />From what I am told, sales are way up this year and the wait is exceptionally long. Is anyone here a dealer and experiencing this? Is anyone else in the same boat as me (or not- no pun intended) and waiting for a boat from a different manufacturer for what seems to be an abnormal period of time?<br /><br />I was just curious. I considered putting some pressure on the dealer, but realize there really isn't anything he can do about it- and its not his fault.

cobra 3.0

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Smokercraft- 7 weeks and waiting

This is the busiest time of the year. I was at my local boat dealer around here and overheard the salesman taking heat for delivery on a boat package for another brand of boat. You are far from being alone on this.

teamstromer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

z-man several years ago i purchased and ordered my first boat, after 6 weeks i was driving the dealer crazy, it can drive you crazy waiting. last month my wife and i purchased an 04 alumacraft navigator 175 cs fishing boat at a boat show in upstate ny, the dealer needed a week to prep it and now it is in my driveway and being used. i was on lake champlain yeasterday. i would ask for a refund and buy something off the floor if possible. good luck.<br />teamstromer

quantumleap

Master Chief Petty Officer

I think that the economy has been booming for so long that the manufacturers are leary of over producing and being stuck with too much inventory when the economy flattens back out(which it will do soon). Nobody anticipated the interest rates staying this low for this long. I think the industry is just bracing itself and producing closer to the demand level than normal. It's still hard to wait on a new setup regardless of reason! Be patient and be ready to enjoy :cool:

King P.V.

Seaman

Why do you think it's not his fault, nor that he can't do anything about it?????

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

King P,V. welcome to iboats. <br /><br />Did you notice the date of the post that you replyed to?<br /><br />
Z-Man MT <br />Member # 40551 posted May 16, 2004 01:34 AM

ziemann

Chief Petty Officer

Wow, that is an old post!!!!<br /><br />Was kinda entertaining reading my old post....<br /><br />Z

gnfshn

Recruit

Hey there fellows, I am in the process of buyin an 1600 DC from Sylvan. And looking to outfit with a 90 yammy 4stk. Whats your take on the weight? My prev was an /05 same boat only with a 2 stk [ ugly incident late in the season] I did not have any concerns with handling with the 2 stk. but the 4 will be 140 lbs heavier or so.

MajBach

Chief Petty Officer

Hope I caught you in time. I have a Adventure LX with 90 HOnda. See my profile. If you have any questions-fell free to ask. Sounds like an almost identical set-up.