Slop in steering / power steering control

markhodges78

Chief Petty Officer
Any idea what would cause this slop and how it can be fixed. If you notice the sleeve that’s going through the power steering control is moving in and out

Attachments

• IMG_5548.MOV
    12.9 MB · Views: 0

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,...... Start the motor, 'n most, or all of it goes away,.....

markhodges78

Chief Petty Officer
I will try but my other boat doesn’t do it and I get a lot of play in the wheel while idling looking for fish I can’t keep the boat on a straight line I’ll post video of the other boat without the play notice no play

Attachments

• IMG_5549.MOV
    36 MB · Views: 0

tank1949

Lieutenant Commander
I will try but my other boat doesn’t do it and I get a lot of play in the wheel while idling looking for fish I can’t keep the boat on a straight line I’ll post video of the other boat without the play notice no play
depending on the degree of deadrise, Deep V boats don't handle as well holding on a specific fishing spot or trolling Stright at slow speeds, compared to modified V hulls.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Pretty normal looking to me. Remember there is just good old fashioned morse like steel cables between the helm and the steering actuator. Always some slack to take up there. Not to mention any backlash in the helm rack and pinion/rotary gear. Check your outdrive bushes for play externally if you’re not convinced. But with no engine powering the hydraulics, you’ll always get a little play.