Shore Power Only?

scatgo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Is that black box a power inverter? It has both batteries wired to it and 110 v AC input. When I plug in the boat to 110 AC the the refrigerator and air conditioner work but not off the batteries.

Attachments

• inverter.jpg
    inverter.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 11
  • shore power.jpg
    shore power.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 11

dubs283

Vice Admiral
Most likely that's the AC converter (battery charger)

An inverter would have cable (4-2 ga) connections from the battery bank

alldodge

Staff member
Agree most likely a Bat charger
The AC and Fridge are 120VAC only so they won't run of Bats. You could replace Fridge with a AC/DC type

scatgo

Petty Officer 1st Class
If you take a look at the shore power panel there are 5 switches. One is marked converter. Anyone have a clue as to what a converter is ?

dubs283

Vice Admiral
Anyone have a clue as to what a converter is ?

Did you even read the two replies to your original post?

The converter is the on board, hard wired battery charger that is pictured in your post

Spoon feed: the converter, i.e. alternating current converter uses alternating current (input from shore power) and converts the alternating current sine wave to direct current to charge/maintain the battery(s)

scatgo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Did you even read the two replies to your original post?

The converter is the on board, hard wired battery charger that is pictured in your post

Spoon feed: the converter, i.e. alternating current converter uses alternating current (input from shore power) and converts the alternating current sine wave to direct current to charge/maintain the battery(s)
Thake your attitude and shove it [deleted].
MOD Edit:
While I agree dubs should have been more respectful, it's best to let it go