seat mount

jmlloar

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm looking to mount a set of swivel seats so that they can be removed and drooped down to sit flat and swapped back up to bass style seat mounts without unbolting anything.

Something along the line of a base, and a seat that sits on base, and a pedestal that can be easily put in between the 2 to make it sit high when fishing. Then pulled back out when the boat is off to the next fishing spot.

What do I need?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: seat mount

You need the base (any of three or four types are available) that mount ont he floor. You need a matching pedestal of whatever height suits you. You need the seat base to match the pedestal. This piece bolts to the bottom of whatever seat style you want. Some seat bases have a slider mechanism just like a car seat so it can be adjusted forward and back a few inches. Those are primarily used for helm seats. So -- you need:
1) Base
2) Pedestal
3) Seat Base
4) Seat

Any store that sells boating supplies has everything you need including right here on iBoats.

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

I took the backwoods approach to this with my little 14 ft. aluminum boat. I got two clamp-on seat bases that can clamp to the existing bench seats, then two regular seat swivels for each base. Bolt the swivels together, bolt one end to the clamp-on base and the other to the seat bottom. Lets you swivel and move the seat around on/to any bench seat in the boat. No up or down adjustment however. Worked so well, I kept the seats/bases when I sold the boat and will use this idea again when I finish restoring the bigger tinny I acquired.

jmlloar

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks.

I'm doing the jon boat to bass boat conversion. It's a 1457 alumacraft so it should be plenty stable. I want the ability to raise the seats up to a comfortable height when fishing then drop for safety when running.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Rather than buy the very expensive height adjustable posts, buy two regular posts. One long and one short. Long for fishing. Short for underway. Cheap and effective.