seaswirl

bryston

Recruit
am looking to buy a seaswirl WR 26 WITH single johnson 225 carb (not fetch) any fed back? i was told the boat stringer system is fiberglass not wood? please,please help

JRJ

Commander
Re: seaswirl

bryston, I suggest you contact Seaswirl and ask them about the stringer system they used for the year of your hull. Seaswirl rep is good in general. The 225 will use a lot of gas for not a whole lot of go on a 26' boat, if its anything like the 25' Grady I helped buy gas for :cool:

Major Woods

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a year 2003 2601 with a 250hp single motor swinging a 15p ss prop. Good get up and go with top speed of 40 with avg load.<br />I lady I know has a 225 4 stroke, top speed 34 and sluggish to get on plane.<br /><br />I do not know about the current stringer system, but wood (in itself) is not bad as long as it is properly encapsulated at the factory.

mtsmith

Cadet

I have a 1998 2600 Striper WA, HT, with twin 150 Fichts. The power to weight ratio has been good. <br /><br />Check the hard top for softness, I just found mine rotted out because they didnt caulk the screws when they rigged the boat. <br /><br />Seaswirl...Grade D, My seventh boat, mostly little issues till this top. I guess we did almost sink twice due to leaks around the rear deck hatch. Re hatched it after the CAULK job didnt work. Dont sleep in the cabin if you have a leak. water runs to the nose and the BILGE never came on. Next Morning, boat was nose down. Scared us to death. We were 50 miles out on a overnight dive trip.

mtsmith

Cadet

I have a 1998 2600 Striper WA, HT, with twin 150 Fichts. The power to weight ratio has been good. <br /><br />Check the hard top for softness, I just found mine rotted out because they didnt caulk the screws when they rigged the boat. <br /><br />Seaswirl...Grade D, My seventh boat, mostly little issues till this top. I guess we did almost sink twice due to leaks around the rear deck hatch. Re hatched it after the CAULK job didnt work. Dont sleep in the cabin if you have a leak. water runs to the nose and the BILGE never came on. Next Morning, boat was nose down. Scared us to death. We were 50 miles out on a overnight dive trip.