Seaswirl 23 Walkaround

boatboy50

Cadet
Hi Guys,<br />Im looking at buying a 1999 version of this boat. Its powered by a 200hp Johnson V6, and on a dual axle trailer with electronics.<br />Theres not many in my area, so can anyone give me some info about it. Is it the same boat still in production today, or a slightly different one? What should the rig weigh?<br />Does this boat have any vices i should be looking for? How will it perfrom with a 200hp, underpowered?<br />I know the hull is foam filled, but is it full fibreglass construction also?<br />Any owner reports would be greatly appreciated as i cant run the boat in water before the purchase.<br />Help me please!<br />Regards<br />Darren

mattttt25

Commander
Re: Seaswirl 23 Walkaround

don't know a whole lot, but i have looked at the 2300 as a possible purchase. you see your share of seaswirls around here, and the impression i've gotten is that they are a good mid level boat. maybe not a grady, but better than many. yes, they are still produced as i have looked at several of the 2004's. they didn't have the "wow" factor that others do, but it seemed like a well put together boat.<br /><br />i personally think the 200 is underpowered for a 23' walkaround. most of the used ones i see have that size engine, which makes me believe people are unhappy and trying to get rid of it. i could be wrong. the "deals" from the dealers seem to always include the 200. i am personally in search of a 23' or larger walk and i have set my minimum to 225hp, and would really like 250hp. bigger boat equals more people, and that weight starts affecting the performance.<br /><br />good luck-

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

I've been looking, just bought (put an order in for) a Seapro 206 Walkaround. Did a lot of reading and research and walking around on boats over the last month or so.<br /><br />The seaswirls are nice boats. They use fiberglass encapsulated wood for transom and stringers though. I wanted a completely wood free boat. I think the seaswirl sill comes with a 10 year stringer and floor warranty though so that might put you a little more at ease. <br /><br />As far as power, I'm a junkie, I'm putting a 200hp Yamaha on the back of the 2400 pound 206 I just bought. The 23 with a 200 will perform OK, probably top out around 36-40 and cruise about 22, but those are just guesses.<br /><br />All I really know.... Good luck!!!

21striper

Cadet

I own a 1994 striper,21wa hard top and curtains with a 5.0 cobra.Handles like a big boat as far as comfort taking on chop no signs of stress in the glass. I believe the stringers and hull do not contain wood. As far as horse power I have 195 hp at the prop,Although a utilize trim tabs and with the stock prop I am able to waterski with eight people, coolers, etc on board. I was only turning 3600rpms at 33mph.I finaly changed the prop and was getting 4000rpms at 35mph. I think A 200hp should be enough because most 21 wa,s come stock with a 150hp. good luck!