Scouting report:RE cheap niagra in M.A.

pduquette

Ensign
I'm currently uploading the photos I took W/my phone of the Niagra and other boats listed in the ad on CL-ma.I'll link to my PB folder when done!....but it's SSSLLLOOOOWWW going.

Over all 3 junke...ahhh I mean boats there, the cheap Niagra; a mystery 16 footer , and way in the back a starcraft bow rider/tri hull.
The Niagra's hull was beat . the bow by the eye had been repaired, the keel looks crushed in spots, huge gouges- maybe grinder abuse? and a big hole in the hull bythe transom and of course the transom is shot. The good points- most of the hardware looks good and original,just dull aluminum not coated, the tall windshield is good- could use some buffing to be usable, some scratches i photoed but could possible buff out. the floor seemed solid and not a lot of holes.the splash well was verygood and the fasteners still looked workable. still has the cable/pully system and the original aluminum 3 spoke wheel -but that is crusty with corrosion .....then there is the trailer....just about ready to buy on the spot for that right there..old style retro holsclaw with tear drop fenders , buggy springs and shocks :cool:) !! waiting to hear back from the guy now.
the other boat shown is slightly better- the transom is shot and the 50 erude on it came from the niagra- they didn't swap out the controls for it and the motor is electric shift.:rolleyes: overall it looks like a good parts motor/ still rotates by hand too. no plates-numbers or id to be found. the counter guy didn't think either has a title either bit he wasn't the seller.

pduquette

Ensign
Re: Scouting report:RE cheap niagra in M.A.

whoops !! Ad now says sold.... ED did you beat me out??? lol!!

The milk may be spilled; but here's what I saw..

Last edited:

aarivers

Seaman Apprentice

Man I'd love to have that steering wheel and windshield.:)

pduquette

Ensign

Keep hunting there are still some out there!! lol and I liked the trailer---but another project...:facepalm:

Woody550

Cadet

Yeah, I spoke with that owner's 'broker' (buddy/owner of yard) and the owner was unwilling to part out the boat. I made a high (relatively) offer for the steering wheel alone and have relatives in Bridgewater so thought maybe I could finally get that elusive wheel. Not to be...
Boat doesn't hit the water this season until ADK this August, but looking forward to it.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

You really see a lot of the mfg's up north around all you guys for sale . Not so much down here in Fla. I'm like everyone else looking for the elusive DetMar steering wheel !