Restoring Celebrity 240 cuddy

Hi I've never done this before turned out to be one heck of a lot of work...I'm in need of ideas for the cabin any suggestions, toilet, table, stove, sink?

Attachments

• 20211220_104450.jpg
    20211220_104450.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 38
  • 20211220_104506.jpg
    20211220_104506.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
  • 20211129_170933.jpg
    20211129_170933.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 37
  • 20210824_162413.jpg
    20210824_162413.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 40

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
how do you plan on bonding the floor in place now that you painted over the bonding surfaces?

zool

Captain
However you rebuild it, make sure you figure out where any sumps, hoses, and tanks need to be so you can fabricate inspection hatches in you new cabin sole.

On a 24, especially if not used as a weekender, The cooktop could be eliminated as they are rarely used. Originally, that model had a bench to a half v berth on the port side, the small kitchen was starboard. The most useful mod u can make is an enclosed head, for the ladies. I would devote adequate space for the head, preferably a vacu flush, and just add a small fridge under a small sink with a shelf or cabinet for a microwave.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
based on my 24' cuddy use. agree with zool.....skip the cook top, and at least a privacy curtain for the porta-potty

build coolers in the floor in the main deck, add closet space for the mrs, and if you want a sink add it . I am adding a transom shower with a hot-water run (small heat exchanger) for showering when we get out of the water

However you rebuild it, make sure you figure out where any sumps, hoses, and tanks need to be so you can fabricate inspection hatches in you new cabin sole.

On a 24, especially if not used as a weekender, The cooktop could be eliminated as they are rarely used. Originally, that model had a bench to a half v berth on the port side, the small kitchen was starboard. The most useful mod u can make is an enclosed head, for the ladies. I would devote adequate space for the head, preferably a vacu flush, and just add a small fridge under a small sink with a shelf or cabinet for a microwave.
Thank you, I was thinking the samething..Merry Christmas

based on my 24' cuddy use. agree with zool.....skip the cook top, and at least a privacy curtain for the porta-potty

build coolers in the floor in the main deck, add closet space for the mrs, and if you want a sink add it . I am adding a transom shower with a hot-water run (small heat exchanger) for showering when we get out of the water
Thanks for the reply...Do you know where was the waste tank originally?

Any idea where I can get pics...someone removed the toilet and tank and had made it all bunks..the waste and vent fittings are still there as well as a 3/4 through hull drain on the starboard side just above the water line at the rear of the cabin. Thanks again, Martin

kcassells

Fleet Admiral

Scott,
What type of hw unit are you considering?

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Any hose drills/cut outs you will want to soak out with resin to protect the wood panels/raw wood. Options for adhesion are PB or a 5200. You may also want to add scabbed wood to sides of stringers/bulkheads to screw to.
Some guys weight down the deck with whatever and do not use screws.
Wherever you are going to attach the deck to stringers those areas will need sanded to good glass for adhesion.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Scott,
What type of hw unit are you considering?
shurflow pump ($70 on amazon), poly tank (from one of my sister companies or $50 on ebay), and a transom shower. the HX will be custom made by me.

Any hose drills/cut outs you will want to soak out with resin to protect the wood panels/raw wood. Options for adhesion are PB or a 5200. You may also want to add scabbed wood to sides of stringers/bulkheads to screw to.
Some guys weight down the deck with whatever and do not use screws.
Wherever you are going to attach the deck to stringers those areas will need sanded to good glass for adhesion.
Thanks, the cutouts and drain holes were sealed with glass then painted with total bilge. The floor is double 3/4 marine the bulk heads are 2x12 pt all sealed and painted the stringers have 2x4 pt at the top for securing the gas tank and floor.

zool

Captain
there waste tank and water supply tank would be best placed one port and one starboard, for weight distribution.