Remove throttle and shift cable from Force 85 hp outboard

webetics

Recruit
I'm moving one motor off my boat and another back on. trying to remove the throttle and shift linkage and the screws securing on the cables are hard to get to. The bottom cable I can get a standard screw driver on it, but the shift cable it's horizontal the the motor cover is really close to the flat screw to get a regular sized screwdriver on it? Even a compact screwdriver is a little too long. All suggestions are welcome.
Thanks,
Mark

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Offset screwdriver ?

Hyper-Tough-2-Piece-Offset-Screwdrivers-with-Phillips-and-Slotted-5009_a5df9c76-8c8d-48e1-9e07-b262887595d5.4140de7ae93ce3d70b783a288870dbbb.jpeg

Or, drill a hole in the cowl. ?

Nordin

Commander
As mention above, offset screwdriver, a smal welding pliers or some other typ of pliers that will reach down to the screw.

webetics

Recruit
As mention above, offset screwdriver, a smal welding pliers or some other typ of pliers that will reach down to the screw.
I found a right angle screwdriver on Amazon that should do the trick. I had a ratcheting wrench you could put a bit in but it would slip out. This has only 1 free side and you put your bit in and it won't fall out. Thanks for the ideas.