Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Good day good find.
Pulled flywheel and found pin sheared. Getting alot of great help from the guys in johnson/evinrude engine forum here. Lots of positive feedback and information.
Many thanks to my friend Pete helping with his insights and muscle.
sheard 1.jpg sheared 2.jpg fly 2.jpg

This is part of my high idle issue at 3000 rpm on hose.

Last edited:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Great Day today. New flywheel key, flipped in a new flywheel and new mags attached. Turned over the engine and dang sooth 1100 rpms out of water on hose.
Gonna dump her in next week to tune up. What a long haul, Thank you Johnson Guys!

demarko210

Chief Petty Officer
Hey great hearing from you. Happy New Year.
Well this is the year to get her wet. Long, long haul.
How's the fishing been?
That is great you deserve a nice cruise when you get her done. Happy New Year to you also.
Fishing... Have not been doing much what so ever since I have gotten the boat. Pass 2 years been taking care of my Mom with dementia she likes to wonder. Finally got her into a nursing home in July of 23. Then my dog Trinity started getting sick afterwards and I still could not leave the house for too long without a mess when I get back. Trinity finally passed away 12/30/23 worse day of my life. She told me "Daddy you can go ahead and take your boat out now I will be alright". So 2024 will be my year.

demarko210

Chief Petty Officer
You got me thinking looking at what you did to the exterior and after I got a quote for a rag/hard top build for my boat at $4000-$5000 to remove my windows and make a hard dodger.

I went out in October and had overheat alarm sound. Scared the hell out of me. I limp back to the dock. Smartcraft told me water flow was low. Prior to that have not use the boat since October 22. I had the marina do a compression check for me. And since it was not used in 1 year the impeller lost its flow. I Change the impeller and let it run at the dock for 35 minutes and it was good. I have not been back out but plan to go today or tomorrow. 47" Stripers decided to take the turn up the Chesapeake this year.

Last edited: