Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I will put my tach on it for a true reading. No clue though what you mean
about trying other pulses.
Oh geez Now I remember that. What would that do. Gosh if it were that simple I'll owe you a case of whatever. As long as its reasonable.
Heck I was just looking at alternative import mfg's and getting slightly not
happy.
Thanks!
Tx, another learning curve. Pretty sure I set it. Not sure though.
To set the pulse on a Johnson tachometer, you need to align the arrow on the PUL/REV (pulses-per-revolution) switch with the appropriate number. For engines with two yellow stator wires (yellow and yellow/gray), set the switch to “6”. For engines with three yellow stator wires (yellow, yellow/gray and yellow/blue), set the switch to “5”. For non-BRP engines with 20 pole charging system, set the switch to “3” 1.

froggy1150

Master Chief Petty Officer
Heat shielding on fuel lines and phenolic spacer on carb. Still loose fuel pressure. Took temp reading and other than fuel pump itself everything under 100 deg. Poured ice water on pump and started up and ran enough to get me back in. So I put on a phenolic fuel pump spacer and just have not tested that yet.

Reserector_

Chief Petty Officer" & 2021 Splash of the Year Win
There is an adjustment dial on the back of the gauge where you can stick a small screwdriver, lightly press in and turn. Usually six numbers to choose from. Also, usually a listing on the back of which setting for the number of cylinders OR the number of alternator pulses for your engine.
yours looks like a Faria gauge, so here is a link to the Faria instruction sheet. Scroll down past installation and look at page 3. https://fariabeede.com/site_manuals/IS0012_A.pdf

Here is the back of mine:
Tach Back.jpg

Last edited:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Thanks Res,
Yup I did find that setting chart from Faria last night after your recommendation. Looking forward to getting home from and trying this out. In the series of events with the engine install I know I did not make any adjustments to gauge. I had to install new harness and rectfier first...totally lost sight of tach. settings.
Fingers crossed.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well.....well ...well.....No changes whatevere. Tac was set at 6, ran engine moved dial and no difference whatsoever. I'm going to review the rectifier and tac for more info.
Getting cold here...Nuts!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I did em Faria with questions regarding this tac, so we'll see if they have info I run with.
Thanks @Reserector_ I believe I need more research with tac and rectifier.
This week I'll also run my tac gun on flywheel. All good.
Darn weather is rainy, cold and dark. I use to have alot more time on 3rd shift to work on things.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Yea on another note the tach only had a 5 and 6 settings, no other numbers. Unit was set at 6. Ran engine dicoed from tach, then with tach. No difference at all in engine performance. Same for when I rotated dial while engine was running.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
hey kev did you get engine sorted? im wondering if it isnt on fast idle because of cold they will run fast till warmed up and if you doing it with a hose it will never warm up try a trash can and watch temp

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
hey kev did you get engine sorted? im wondering if it isnt on fast idle because of cold they will run fast till warmed up and if you doing it with a hose it will never warm up try a trash can and watch temp
Thanks Mick, Way past that.
Scots got your back This is your year brother.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Kev.... In Micky's defense, your project is taking a bit of time and his missus is cracking the whip....

(Just busting your scuppers.....)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Just simply said, Who cares Scutt about your opinions most of the time except yourself.