Registered at my local lake today,, Bit of a rantšŸ˜®

FLATHEAD

Captain
There is a 814 acre reservoir up the road from me. Electric motors only and a ten day quarantine before you can splash a boat due to fears of zebra muscles. What they do is have about 100 trailer spots in a lot at the launch. Cost 100$ a year to keep your boat there for the season. Also have a launch with rack spots for yaks and such. If you pull out of the lot itā€™s another ten day wait. Most of us have a boat and trailer that we just leave there for the season. Iā€™ve Been doing this for 20 years. This year it was a big rigamaroll. Used to be you went in picked a spot paid and left. Today I had to sign all kinds of stuff including a list of rules. Used to be follow the standard Pa boating regs. These rules read like something spanky and our gang made up to get in the club house. My wife and I had a good laugh reading it. I blame the implementation of these ā€œrulesā€on people from out of the area acting like idiots on the water. Why does every good thing seem to get ruined. Maybe theyā€™ll have nun out on the water smacking knuckles with a ruler if you donā€™t adhere.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Idiots, or "Freedom fighters"(as in the Right to do things)? Sometimes it gets very blurry...

dwco5051

Commander
I have seen that at other reservoirs that have multiple agencies trying to manage. The water company owns the reservoir, the county leases the land for a park, the state still has its boating regs. Too many fingers in the pie with competing interests.

FLATHEAD

Captain
I have seen that at other reservoirs that have multiple agencies trying to manage. The water company owns the reservoir, the county leases the land for a park, the state still has its boating regs. Too many fingers in the pie with competing interests.
Spot on. Water company, county park system in play here.