Random

tphoyt

Ensign
Have no idea if any of you live in an area dealing with cicadas or not. Oh yes, they are alive and speaking around us. So loud that I just had to go out and take a DB reading to see just how loud they are. They peaked at 73 DB and averaged 63.5 DB. Now that isn't ear hurting loud, but you really have to work at mere conversations with anyone around you... But I like the little bug-eyed critters all the same...View attachment 397541
We have them to some degree every year but haven’t had a mass swarm since 08. I hear next year is going to be the next big swarm. I still remember driving down the road and suddenly going through a massive cloud of them. It was crazy.

FLATHEAD

Captain
We have them to some degree every year but haven’t had a mass swarm since 08. I hear next year is going to be the next big swarm. I still remember driving down the road and suddenly going through a massive cloud of them. It was crazy.
Seems like every few years there is some sort of major emergence of cicadas around here. Couple years ago it was insane. A lot of them end up in the water. Caught some nice fins on Megabass cicada lure.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Had that happen to my cousin. The cat ended up with a rapala lure emended in her paws, took about 1/2 hour to clip the hooks and get them out. Had to wrap her in a towel to do the job. She went under the cabin and didn't come out for three days. We could see her and left food and water for her. Just couldn't get to her where she was. She ended up ok thankfully.

tphoyt

Ensign
My son only has one arm. He used to dress up for Halloween wearing a bloody shirt and carrying a surf board with a big bite taken out of it.