puzzled 88 85 hp has strong spark on number 2 cylinder and super weak spark on 1,3

The Force power

Commander
thank you that is exactly what i have right now . my cdi electronics stator instruction says in a little box on top of the diagram that the new stator design allows for "all blue and yellow wires to be hooked up together" i didn't install that way because i wasnt sure, should i try it that way ?
I'm not sure what you mean; follow the schematic

The Force power

Commander
will i have to switch the trigger wires to the two cdi wires not used on the rear cdi , i think is green/white and red
yes the Trigger-wires from #3 to input #4 CDI AND the wires coming out of the CDI that would fire #4 to coil#3

o4rudeboy

Cadet
yes the Trigger-wires from #3 to input #4 CDI AND the wires coming out of the CDI that would fire #4 to coil#3
i started hooking it up but im stuck on the trigger wires im not sure if they need to be specific or not .i have a grn and white striped and a red from cdi and a orang and green from trigger will i damage anything if the trigger wires go in reversed

The Force power

Commander
i started hooking it up but im stuck on the trigger wires im not sure if they need to be specific or not .i have a grn and white striped and a red from cdi and a orang and green from trigger will i damage anything if the trigger wires go in reversed
YES, you need to be specific! below is the wiring set-up of a 4 Cyl. if that helps?

Attachments

• 120HP_thru91b_eng.jpg
    120HP_thru91b_eng.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 6

o4rudeboy

Cadet
YES, you need to be specific! below is the wiring set-up of a 4 Cyl. if that helps?
thank you Mr Force Power i just got it going good all 3 are firing and its starting within a half of a flywheel rotation im so happy ill get to actually take this boat out of the bay this year thank you and everyone else for the help this forum is awesome.

o4rudeboy

Cadet
for anyone in the future i had to disconnect the yellow wire number 4 from stator and the second cdi yellow wire and leave those alone on a terminal post then i had to consolidate all the blue wires on 1 post then i had to put the number 3 cylinder trigger to the second cdi bank green to red then orange to green/white

Nordin

Commander
Nice you got it running.
Your terminology of the ignition parts confused me.
It my have been a little hard to understand.
Each CDI box controls two cylinders, it has two output channels.
A two cylinder engine need one CDI box, a three cylinder engine need two CDI boxes but only use one output channel in the second box.
A four cylinder engine need two CDI boxes and use both output channel in the box.
At a three cylinder engine you can use the unused output channel if the other channel fails, but then you have to swap the trigger wires to give the second output channel correct trigger signals.

The Force power

Commander
thank you Mr Force Power i just got it going good all 3 are firing and its starting within a half of a flywheel rotation im so happy ill get to actually take this boat out of the bay this year thank you and everyone else for the help this forum is awesome.
I'm glad you're got it going & for letting us know!