Prop Help

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Lot of verbiage here but I see a deep V, high dead rise at the transom boat meaning that the engine height is OK, if not a couple if inches too high....but that might not be a problem or may be.
My first thought is pull the aluminum prop, throw it in the trash and install a good quality SS with good rake and cupped blade tips. Pitch would depend on the rated engine RPMs with the normal load in the boat. Assuming that the operator knows how to use his PTT to his support, not to his/her detriment.
85+% of Boaters have No Clue about Rake and Cup, what they are or what they do.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Lot of verbiage here but I see a deep V, high dead rise at the transom boat meaning that the engine height is OK, if not a couple if inches too high....but that might not be a problem or may be.
My first thought is pull the aluminum prop, throw it in the trash and install a good quality SS with good rake and cupped blade tips. Pitch would depend on the rated engine RPMs with the normal load in the boat. Assuming that the operator knows how to use his PTT to his support, not to his/her detriment.
Well sir if they read the tutorials furnished on iboats and Mercury prop sites to name a couple they will get indoctrinated....one would think.